Auburn vs Vanderbilt Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Vanderbilt Commodores (2-7) vs Auburn Tigers (4-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 4:00 pm (FirstBank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Vanderbilt Commodores +12.5 -- Over/Under: 49 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Auburn Tigers and Vanderbilt Commodores face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Vanderbilt Stadium.
Auburn Tries to Move Closer to Bowl Game
Auburn sits with a 4-4 record and they are coming off a victory in the last game. In the last game against Mississippi State, the defense was strong giving up only 13 points and that was enough for the 14 point victory. Payton Thorne had a strong game completing 20 of his 26 passes for 230 yards and three touchdowns. Jarquez Hunter also had a big game rushing 17 times for 144 yards. Auburn on the season is averaging 26.8 points while their defense is giving up 22.5 points per game. The defense is 46th in college football and it’s going to need to be a strength here.
Auburn Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Auburn's last 22 games.
- Auburn has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven road games in November.
- Seven of Auburn's last eight road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Another Awful Season for Vanderbilt
It’s been another awful season for Vanderbilt, and they come into this game with a 2-7 record overall. In the last game against Ole Miss, Vanderbilt only scored seven points and that led to the 26 point loss. Against Ole Miss, Walter Taylor and Ken Seals both played and both were pretty bad. Walter Taylor completed 4 of his 12 passes for 38 yards, zero touchdowns and one interception. Taylor did rush 20 times for 59 yards and a touchdown. Both quarterbacks are expected to play in this game and one of them is going to need to step up in a big way.
Vanderbilt Betting Trends
- Vanderbilt has lost 16 of its last 17 home games against conference opponents.
- Vanderbilt has failed to cover the spread in nine of its last 10 games.
- Vanderbilt has lost the first half in 31 of its last 34 games against conference opponents.
- Eight of Vanderbilt's last nine games have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Vanderbilt has two quarterbacks that will play in this game, but neither of them are very good. Vanderbilt is coming off a game where they scored only seven points and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going in this game. Vanderbilt won’t score more than seven points here, and that is going to be the difference here as Auburn is going to get the job done with ease here. Back Auburn to cover the spread here.