Army at Air Force Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Air Force Falcons (8-0) vs Army Black Knights (2-6)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 2:30 pm (Empower Field at Mile High)
Betting Odds: Air Force Falcons -18 -- Over/Under: 35.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBSS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Air Force Falcons and the Army Black Knights will meet in Denver for their annual academy matchup this weekend from Empower Stadium. Air Force and Army have clashed in every season since 1971, and despite dropping four of the last six meetings, the Falcons hold the all-time series lead 38-18-1.
Army Black Knights Preview
Army dropped to 2-6 after losing to UMass in West Point, 21-14. The Black Knights had their rally cut short by the Minutemen, and they’ll look to avoid a sixth straight defeat this weekend. The Army offense is scoring 20.1 ppg, while passing for 132.6 ypg, rushing for 191.4 ypg, and converting 35.2% of their third downs.
Army Player Notes
• Champ Harris replaced Bryson Daily after halftime last week, and nearly brought the Cadets back with 130 passing yards, and a rushing score. The freshman quarterback naturally played better versus UMass than he did against LSU, but if he gets the nod again here, he may also appear overwhelmed once again as well.
• Freshman back Kanye Udoh has reached the 70-yard mark in three straight games, and he now leads the RB room with 364 rushing yards on 68 carries.
• Second-year wideout Noah Short has leads Army in receptions (16), with 252 yards.
• The Army defense is allowing 25.5 points per game.
Air Force Falcons Preview
Air Force moved to 8-0 after defeating Colorado State on the road, 30-13. The Falcons pulled away in the second half to remain undefeated, and they’ll now look to keep rolling here against their longtime rivals. The Air Force offense is scoring 33.6 ppg, while passing for 81.4 ypg, rushing for 300.4 ypg, and converting 51.5% of their third downs.
AFA Player Notes
• Zac Larrier quarterbacked another winning effort in Fort Collins last weekend, totaling 68 yards, with a touchdown toss and rush. The impact is not always shown in the stat sheet for the academy quarterback, but every game is a battle, and the veteran QB looks ready for another slugfest with Army after eight weeks of strong play. Larrier has thrown for 651 yards with six touchdowns, and he’s rushed for 533 yards with five more scores through eight starts.
• Senior fullback Emmanuel Michel breached the 100-yard mark for the third time this season in the win over CSU, and he leads AFA in rushing yards (696) and touchdowns (9).
• Veteran RB John Lee Eldridge III has scored in four of the last six games, and he’s second on the team with 408 yards rushing on 49 carries.
The Air Force defense has allowed 13.3 points per game.
Army vs Air Force Trends
• Army is 2-5-1 against the spread, with a 4-4 O/U record.
• AFA is 4-2-1 ATS, with a 4-3 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
It’s hard not to love Air Force in what should be another hard-hitting, academy battle. The Falcons are in the midst of one of their best season’s in school history, and they have a real shot of walking into Boise with a 11-0 record and a chance to finish undefeated if they stay sharp here. Air Force knows nothing will come easy in this matchup, and after starting a bit slow against Navy, I believe they’ll come out strong here at home against Army. The Under is always in play when it comes to these three schools, but let’s back Air Force to lift their second straight Commander-in-Chief’s Trophy this weekend at Mile High Stadium.