Arizona State vs Utah Prediction - College Football Picks 11/4/23
Utah Utes (6-2) vs Arizona State Sun Devils (2-6)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 2:00 pm (Rice-Eccles Stadium)
Betting Odds: Utah Utes -11 -- Over/Under: 40.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Pac-12 Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona State Sun Devils and Utah Utes face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Arizona State Actually Being Competitive
Arizona State has a 2-4 record overall but they are better than their record says. In the last four games, Arizona State has lost by three to California, to Colorado by three, to Washington by eight, and they beat Washington State 38-27 in the last game. Cameron Skattebo finished with 11 carries for 121 yards and a touchdown. The Sun Devils are averaging 19.6 points while their defense is giving up 26.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 118th in the league and in this game the offense is going to be tested again.
Arizona State Betting Trends
- Arizona State has lost each of its last eight games as a road underdog.
- Arizona State has covered the spread in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Six of Arizona State's last eight games have gone UNDER the total points line.
How does Utah Bounce Back?
Utah comes into this game with a 6-2 record overall but they are coming off a blowout loss in the loss game. Utah played their biggest game of the year against Oregon, but they scored only six points and they ended up losing by 29 points. Bryson Barnes really struggled completing 15 of his 29 passes for 136 yards and two interceptions. Utah on the season is averaging 21.3 points while their defense is giving up 17.5 points per game. The defense is ranked 18th in college football and they are going to need to step up here.
Utah Betting Trends
- Utah has won each of its last 20 home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Utah has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
- Each of Utah's last five November games at Rice-Eccles Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be lower scoring. Arizona State is averaging only 19.6 points per game and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going here. Utah is giving up only 17.5 points per game and they are going to really lockdown in this game. I do expect the turnovers are going to be an issue again for Barnes and that is going to be the difference as this game is going to stay under the total.