Boston College vs Syracuse Prediction - College Football Picks 11/3/23
Syracuse Orange (4-4) vs Boston College Eagles (5-3)
Game Info: Friday, November 3, 2023 at 7:30 pm (JMA Wireless Dome)
Betting Odds: Syracuse Orange -2.5 -- Over/Under: 50.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN2 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Boston College Eagles will play the Syracuse Orange in an ACC game on Friday night at the JMA Wireless Dome in Syracuse, New York. Boston College has won four games in a row, while Syracuse has lost four games in a row.
Boston College Preview
The Boston College Eagles are 5-3 (2-2) this season after they defeated UConn by a score of 21-14 in their last game. Boston College trailed 7-0 to start the game, but they scored 21 straight points to pull away for the win. The Eagles out gained UConn by a total of 433-222 and turned the ball over two times in the game. Boston College has also defeated Georgia Tech, Army, and Virginia during this four game winning streak. The Boston College offense is scoring 28.1 points per game with 205.6 passing yards per game and 213.8 rushing yards per game, while going 44.4% on third downs. Thomas Castellanos has thrown for 1,549 yards, 11 touchdowns, and seven interceptions, while also rushing for 673 yards and nine touchdowns. Kye Robichaux has rushed for 495 yards and six scores, while Lewis Bond has caught 31 passes for 437 yards and five touchdowns. The Boston College defense is allowing 28.4 points against per game this season.
The Syracuse Orange are 4-4 (0-4) this year after they lost to Virginia Tech by a score of 38-10 in their last game. Syracuse trailed 23-0 in the second quarter and they never had a chance in this game. The Orange were out gained by a total of 528-137 and went 0-9 on third downs in the game. Syracuse has also lost to Florida State, North Carolina, and Clemson during this four game losing streak. The Syracuse offense is averaging 26.3 points per game with 220.3 passing yards per game and 146.1 rushing yards per game, while going 42.2% on third downs. Garrett Shrader has thrown for 1,508 yards, nine touchdowns, and five interceptions, while also rushing for 316 yards and six touchdowns for the Orange this season. LeQuint Allen has rushed for 553 yards and seven scores, while Damien Alford has caught 24 passes for 389 yards and one touchdown. The Syracuse defense is giving up 24.1 points against per game this year.
Syracuse Orange Team Facts
- Syracuse has won each of its last 12 games as a favorite.
- Syracuse has failed to cover the spread in each of its last seven games in November.
- Syracuse has lost the first half in 21 of its last 27 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Syracuse's last eight games against conference opponents at JMA Wireless Dome have gone UNDER the total points line.
Boston College Eagles Team Facts
- Boston College has won four of its last six November games as a road underdog.
- Boston College has covered the spread in each of its last five November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Boston College has lost the first half in 12 of its last 14 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Boston College's last seven games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- Syracuse has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of 30+ points of any FBS team this season (2).
Syracuse comes into this matchup really struggling and they have lost their last four games by a combined 150-34. The Orange have scored 10 points or fewer in three straight games, but they will play a pretty poor Boston College defense here. The Eagles have won four games in a row and are one game away from clinching a bowl berth, but their last four opponents haven’t been very difficult. Syracuse is way too talented to play this poorly and I think we see them bounce back here. Three of their last four losses have come against very good programs and I think they get a chance to catch their breath at home here. Take the Orange in this one.