Wake Forest vs Duke Prediction - College Football Picks 11/2/23
Duke Blue Devils (5-3) vs Wake Forest Demon Deacons (4-4)
Game Info: Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium)
Betting Odds: Duke Blue Devils -12.5 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Wake Forest Demon Deacons and Duke Blue Devils face off on Thursday in a college football showdown at Wallace Wade Stadium.
Wake Forest Coming off Blowout Loss
Wake Forest comes into this game with a 4-4 record overall and they were blown out in the last game. Wake Forest scored only 16 points against Florida State, and that led to the blowout defeat. Mitch Griffs completed 6 of his 16 passes for 82 yards, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Wake Forest is averaging 22.3 points while their defense is giving up 24.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 102nd in the league while the pitching is ranked 58th in the league. Mitch Griffs has thrown for 1,293 yards, nine touchdowns, and six interceptions.
Wake Forest Betting Trends
- Wake Forest has lost eight of its last nine road games in November.
- Wake Forest has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five road games against conference opponents.
- Wake Forest has lost the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Each of Wake Forest's last five games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Duke Looks to End Losing Streak
Duke comes into this game with a 5-3 record overall but they have lost two games in a row. In the last game against Louisville the offense really struggled, failing to score any points and they ended up losing 23-0. Riley Leonard completed 9 of his 23 passes for 121 yards, one interception and zero touchdowns. Duke on the season is averaging 25.9 points while their defense is giving up 15 points per game. The offense is ranked 78th in the league while the defense is ranked 8th in the league. On the season, Leonard has thrown for 1,102 yards, three touchdowns, and three interceptions. In this game the Duke offense needs to find a way to get going or it will be a long game.
Duke Betting Trends
- The underdog has won each of the last three games between Wake Forest and Duke at Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium.
- Duke has covered the spread in each of its last six home games against conference opponents.
- Duke has won the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents at Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium.
- Each of Duke's last four games against conference opponents at Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Duke hasn’t looked good the last couple of games, and the offense has been a major reason why. In this game, Wake Forest is going to find a way to get the offense going, but even more important will be the defense that steps up. Wake Forest has given up 24.5 points per game and they are going to step up in this game. Wake Forest will keep this game close and they are going cover the spread here.