South Alabama vs Troy Prediction - College Football Picks 11/2/23
Troy Trojans (6-2) vs South Alabama Jaguars (4-4)
Game Info: Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Larry Blakeney Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Troy Trojans -5.5 -- Over/Under: 46 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The South Alabama Jaguars and Troy Trojans face off on Thursday in a college football showdown at Troy University Veterans Memorial Stadium.
Troy Looks for Another Big Win
Troy comes into this game with a 6–2 record overall and they were impressive in the last game. Troy scored 31 points against Texas State and that was enough for the easy victory. Gunnar Watson had a strong game completing 26 of his 40 passes for 392 yards and three touchdowns. Jabre Barber had a strong game finishing with 10 catches for 160 yards and a touchdown. Troy on the season is averaging 27.1 points while their defense is giving up 16.9 points per game. The offense is ranked 71st in the league while the defense is ranked 17th. On the season Watson has thrown for 2,158 yards, 14 touchdowns, and four interceptions.
Troy Betting Trends
- Troy has won 11 of its last 12 games against conference opponents.
- Troy has covered the spread in each of its last five games against South Alabama.
- Troy has won the first half in six of its last seven games against conference opponents at Veterans Memorial Stadium.
- Troy has won the first quarter in six of its last eight games against conference opponents at Veterans Memorial Stadium.
- Each of Troy's last six games have gone UNDER the total points line.
South Alabama Looks to Bounce Back
South Alabama has been Inconsistent heading into this game and they sit with a 4-4 record overall. In the last game against Louisiana, South Alabama scored 20 points and they lost by 13 points. Carter Bradley completed 29 of his 49 passes for 381 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. La’Damian Webb finished with 16 carries for 96 yards, and one touchdown. South Alabama is averaging 33.5 points while their defense is giving up 21.1 points per game. The offense is ranked 31st while the defense is ranked 40th.
South Alabama Betting Trends
- South Alabama has lost 17 of its last 20 road games in November.
- South Alabama has failed to cover the spread in 16 of its last 20 road games in November.
- Five of South Alabama's last six games as a road underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Troy is the better team and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. Troy is giving up only 16.8 points per game and they are going to lockdown in this game. Look for South Alabama to finish right around 10 points and that is going to be the difference here as Troy is going to be the difference here. Troy is going to over their season average of 27.1 points and this is going to be an easy victory for Troy. Back Troy against the spread.