West Virginia vs UCF Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
UCF Knights (3-4) vs West Virginia Mountaineers (4-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 12:00 pm (FBC Mortgage Stadium)
Betting Odds: UCF Knights -7 -- Over/Under: 58.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The West Virginia Mountaineers will play the UCF Knights in a Big 12 game on Saturday afternoon at FBC Mortgage Stadium in Orlando, Florida. West Virginia has lost two games in a row and has allowed a ton of points, while UCF has dropped four games in a row.
West Virginia Preview
The West Virginia Mountaineers are 4-3 (2-2) this season after they lost to Oklahoma State by a score of 48-34 in their last game. West Virginia led 17-13 at halftime and 24-20 in the fourth quarter, but allowed 28 points in the final quarter for the loss. The Mountaineers were out gained by a total of 491-475 and turned the ball over two times in the game. Prior to that loss, West Virginia lost to Houston by a score of 41-39. The West Virginia offense is scoring 29.1 points per game with 202.6 passing yards per game and 191.4 rushing yards per game, while going 42.4% on third downs. Garrett Greene has thrown for 1,184 yards, eight touchdowns, and two interceptions, while also rushing for 349 yards and five touchdowns for the Mountaineers this season. CJ Donaldson Jr. has rushed for 453 yards and six scores, while Devin Carter has caught 17 passes for 311 yards and one touchdown. The West Virginia defense is allowing 26.3 points against per game this year.
The UCF Knights are 3-4 (0-4) this season after they lost to Oklahoma by a score of 31-29 in their last game. UCF led 23-17 in the fourth quarter, but allowed Oklahoma to take a 31-23 lead late. UCF scored to make it a two-point game, but they were stopped on the two point conversion for the loss. The Knights were out gained by a total of 442-397 and forced one turnover in the game. Prior to that loss, UCF had dropped games to Kansas State, Baylor, Kansas, and Oklahoma. The UCF offense is scoring 33.9 points per game with 267.1 passing yards per game and 232.4 rushing yards per game, while going 46.1% on third downs. John Rhys Plumlee has thrown for 834 yards, five touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Knights this season. RJ Harvey has rushed for 612 yards and six scores, while Javon Baker has caught 26 passes for 551 yards and four touchdowns. The UCF defense is giving up 28.3 points against per game this season.
UCF Knights Team Facts
- UCF has won each of its last six October games at FBC Mortgage Stadium.
- UCF has covered the spread in each of its last four October games at FBC Mortgage Stadium.
- UCF has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents at FBC Mortgage Stadium.
- UCF has won the first half in six of its last eight games against conference opponents at FBC Mortgage Stadium.
- Five of UCF's last six games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
West Virginia Mountaineers Team Facts
- West Virginia has won each of its last four games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- West Virginia has covered the spread in each of its last four games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- West Virginia has lost the first half in seven of its last eight road games against conference opponents.
- Eight of West Virginia's last nine games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Both of these teams have struggled in recent games, but UCF did almost upset Oklahoma in their last game. UCF has allowed 31, 51, 36, and 44 points in their last four games, while West Virginia has allowed 48 and 41 points in their last two losses. Obviously neither defense is playing very well coming into this game, but West Virginia has showed the ability to play decent defense at times this season. I think Oklahoma overlooked UCF last week, which was the main reason the game was close. These two teams are pretty even, in fact I like West Virginia slightly more, so I am going to take the points with the Mountaineers.