Washington State vs Arizona State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Arizona State Sun Devils (1-6) vs Washington State Cougars (4-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Mountain America Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arizona State Sun Devils +5.5 -- Over/Under: 51 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Pac-12 Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Washington State Cougars and Arizona State Sun Devils face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Sun Devil Stadium.
Arizona State Just Can’t Finish Games
Arizona State sits with only one win on the season and the biggest reason as of late has been their inability to close out games. Against California they lost 24-21, against Colorado they lost 27-24, and in the last game against Washington, they lost 15-7. The defense sure was impressive in the last game against Washington, but the offense couldn’t get anything going. Quarterback Trenton Bourguet completed 26 of his 47 passes for 196 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. Arizona State is averaging 17 points while their defense is giving up 26.4 points per game.
Arizona State Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Arizona State's last 13 games.
- Arizona State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five games against non-AP-ranked teams at Mountain America Stadium.
- Arizona State has lost the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Mountain America Stadium.
- Nine of Arizona State's last 10 games against non-AP-ranked teams at Mountain America Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Washington State All of Sudden Struggling?
Washington State won their first four games of the season and there was all kinds of buzz surrounding this team, but now they have lost three straight games and there are questions about what this team actually is. There is no shame in losing to UCLA and Oregon, but two games ago they lost to Arizona 44-6. Washington State is averaging 32.9 points while their defense is giving up 29.9 points per game. The offense is ranked 36th, but the defense is ranked 100th.
Washington State Betting Trends
- Washington State has lost each of its last four road games in October.
- The underdog has covered the spread in five of Washington State's last six games.
- Washington State has won the first quarter in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Washington State has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Mountain America Stadium.
- Nine of Washington State's last 10 October games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Arizona State can win this game outright, but we will take the points to be safe. Arizona State is has been competitive as of late and their offense is going to step up. I also think their defense is going to have a big game here, and that is going to be the difference here. Arizona State will get a big game from Bourguet, and they will keep it close. Back Arizona State against the spread. I am also throwing a few dollars on Arizona State on the money line.