Vanderbilt vs Ole Miss Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Ole Miss Rebels (6-1) vs Vanderbilt Commodores (2-6)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Vaught-Hemingway Stadium at Hollingsworth Field)
Betting Odds: Ole Miss Rebels -24 -- Over/Under: 63 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Vanderbilt Commodores and Ole Miss Rebels face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
Maybe One Year Vanderbilt Will be Good Again?
Vanderbilt comes into this game with a 2-6 record overall and they were defeated again in the last game. Vanderbilt did score 20 points against Georgia but at no point during that game did it look like they might actually win the game. The defense gave up 37 points and it was another loss. Ken Seals completed 19 of his 29 passes for 201 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Vanderbilt is averaging 27.8 points while their defense is giving up 34.5 points per game. The defense is ranked 124th and the defense is going to be tested here.
Vanderbilt Betting Trends
- Vanderbilt has lost each of its last 10 matches when playing with a rest advantage.
- Vanderbilt has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven games against AP-ranked teams.
- Vanderbilt has lost the first half in 30 of its last 33 games against conference opponents.
- Eleven of Vanderbilt's last 12 road games against top-15 AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Ole Miss Continues to Win
Ole Miss isn’t getting as much attention as other SEC teams but the last couple of wins haven’t been dominant, but they do sit with a 6-1 record. In the last game against Auburn they weren’t exactly dominant, but they were able to secure the 28-21 victory. Jaxson Dart completed 10 of his 17 passes for 202 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Ole Miss on the season is averaging 39.7 points while their defense is giving up 23.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 9th in college football while the defense is ranked 56th in college football.
Ole Miss Betting Trends
- The team ranked 12th in the AP Poll has won each of its last 16 games.
- The favorite has covered the spread in five of the last six games between Vanderbilt and Ole Miss.
- Ole Miss has won the first quarter in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
- Ole Miss has won the first half in each of its last 12 games against conference opponents at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
- Four of Ole Miss' last five games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Last couple of games weren’t dominant wins for Ole Miss, but this game is going to be a little different. Ole Miss is averaging 39.7 points and they are going to have no issue running up the score against this terrible Vanderbilt defense. The Vanderbilt offense is going to have no chance to keep up. I expect Dart to have his best game of the season and Ole Miss is going to cover the spread.