Troy vs Texas State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Texas State Bobcats (5-2) vs Troy Trojans (5-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium)
Betting Odds: Texas State Bobcats +5.5 -- Over/Under: 50.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Troy Trojans and Texas State Bobcats face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at TSU Bobcat Stadium.
Troy’s Defense is Dominant
Troy comes into this game with a 5-2 record overall and their defense has been dominant heading into this game. In the last game against Army, Troy gave up zero points and that led to the 19-0 point victory. Over the last three games, Troy has given up only ten points total. In the last game quarterback Gunnar Watson completed 10 of his 21 passes for 227 yards and a touchdown. Troy is averaging 26.6 points while their defense is giving up 17.4 points per game. The defense is ranked 17th best in college football and the defense is going to need to step up here.
Troy Betting Trends
- Troy has won 15 of its last 16 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Troy has covered the spread in eight of its last nine road games.
- Each of Troy's last five October games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Texas State Coming Off Test
Texas State comes into this game with a 5-2 record overall but they were really tested in the last game. Texas State had to score 12 points against Louisiana-Monroe in the 4th quarter to secure the one point victory. TJ Finley completed 24 of his 46 passes for 222 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Texas State is averaging 38.3 points while their defense is giving up 28.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 11th in the league, and they need the offense to be better than they were in the last game.
Texas State Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Texas State's last six games.
- Texas State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games against conference opponents at Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium.
- Texas State has lost the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Texas State's last four games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane's Free Pick
This game is going to come down to the Texas State offense against the Troy defense. Even on the road, the Troy’s defense is going to lockdown. They are giving up only 17.4 points per game and they are going to lock down again in this game. Finley threw an interception in the last game and he’s going to struggle again in this game with the turnovers. Back Troy to cover the spread here.