Pittsburgh vs Notre Dame Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (6-2) vs Pittsburgh Panthers (2-5)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Notre Dame Stadium)
Betting Odds: Notre Dame Fighting Irish -16.5 -- Over/Under: 47.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Pitt Panthers and Notre Dame Fighting Irish face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Notre Dame Stadium.
Pitt Have Been Disappointing
Pitt comes into this game with a 2-5 record overall and they have been very disappointing this season. There were high expectations heading into the season, but they haven’t even come close to living up to those. In the last game against Wake Forest, Pitt only scored 17 points and that led to the four point defeat. Christian Veilieux completed 28 of his 45 passes for 302 yards and two touchdowns. Pitt is averaging 24.6 points while their defense is giving up 24.6 points per game. The offense hasn’t been good enough, and the offense is going to be really tested in this game.
Pitt Betting Trends
- The underdog has won four of Pittsburgh's last six games.
- Pittsburgh has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven games.
- Each of Pittsburgh's last four October games against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Notre Dame Bounced Back
Notre Dame has two losses this seasons but they bounced back in a big way in the last game. Notre Dame scored 48 points against USC and that was enough to secure the 28 point victory. The offensive individual stats weren’t that impressive, but they were enough to run up the score. Sam Hartman completed 13 of his 20 passes for 126 yards and two touchdowns. Notre Dame overall this season is averaging 35.8 points while their defense is giving up 16.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 17th overall and they need to try and make a statement with the offense again in this game.
Notre Dame Betting Trends
- Notre Dame has won 51 of its last 53 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Notre Dame has covered the spread in each of its last four home games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Notre Dame has won the first half in 11 of its last 12 games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Notre Dame has won the first quarter in each of its last four home games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Six of Notre Dame's last seven games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Notre Dame’s defense is giving up only 16.4 points per game and they are going to lockdown again in this game. Pitt is going to really struggle to get even over 10 points here. Pitt’s defense hasn’t been awful this season and they are going to step up again here. It won’t be enough for Pitt to win the game, but they are going to do enough to keep this game lower scoring. Back the under to cash here.