Oregon State at Arizona Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Arizona Wildcats (4-3) vs Oregon State Beavers (6-1)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 10:30 pm (Arizona Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arizona Wildcats +8.5 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Oregon State Beavers will travel to Tucson to meet the Arizona Wildcats in Pac-12 play this weekend from Arizona Stadium on ESPN. Arizona and Oregon State faced off during every season from 1978-2019, and the Wildcats hold the series lead, 24-16-1, after winning the last meeting back in 2019.
Oregon State Beavers Preview
Oregon State improved to 6-1 after defeating UCLA in Corvallis by twelve, 36-24. The Beavers held on to a double-digit halftime lead to down the Bruins, and they’ll look to pin a fourth straight win this weekend. The OSU offense is scoring 38.1 ppg, while passing for 287.6 ypg, rushing for 195.1 ypg, and converting 42.2% of their third downs.
ORST Player Notes
• DJ Uiagalelei followed up his strong start in Berkeley with another solid outing versus UCLA, going 14/24 for 266 yards and two scores. The former Clemson QB has shaken off a slow ending to September with a pair of winning efforts, and he’ll look to replicate those results here in the desert. Uiagalelei has passed for 1,573 yards, with 15 touchdowns to four interceptions through seven starts.
• Sophomore back Damien Martinez gained 90 yards in the win over UCLA, and he leads the team in rushing at 676 yards on 105 touches.
• Junior wideout Silas Bolden has scored in three straight games, and he leads OSU in receptions (32) and receiving yards (456).
• The OSU defense has allowed 20.2 points per game.
Arizona Wildcats Preview
Arizona moved to 4-3 after defeating Washington State in Pullman by a big margin, 44-6. The Wildcats blew the Cougars out of the water en route to a massive victory, and they’ll look to move past the .500 mark in conference play this weekend. The Arizona offense is scoring 31.9 ppg, while passing for 287.6 ypg, rushing for 164.7 ypg, and converting 44.8% of their third downs.
Arizona Player Notes
• Noah Fifita played well in the road win over Wazzu, going for a season-high 342 yards. The freshman quarterback is coming along after an injury to longtime starter Jayden de Laura, but he’ll face his toughest test with the Oregon State defense. Fifita has passed for 946 yards, with eight touchdowns to four interceptions through three games.
• Sophomore back Jonah Coleman scored three times against the Cougars, and he leads the Wildcats in rushing yards (433).
• Veteran wideout Jacob Cowing has caught eight passes or more in five straight games, and he leads Arizona in receptions (54) for 416 yards.
• Sophomore receiver Tetairoa McMillan has scored in four of the first seven contests, and he leads the team with 592 receiving yards with 40 catches.
• The Arizona defense is allowing 20.5 points per game.
Oregon State vs Arizona Trends
• OSU is 5-2 against the spread, with a 5-2 O/U record.
• Arizona is 6-1 ATS, with a 1-6 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
The way Arizona beat Washington State last week after coming close against top-ten ranked USC and Washington showed just how capable and resilient they are, and I like their chances at home against an offensively-challenged Oregon State team. There’s a reason this game opened so close, then continued to shrink, as the Wildcats have proven over the past weeks that they aren’t slouches. Go ahead and spot Arizona the points for this one, as it could wind up being the best PAC-12 game of the week.0