Old Dominion vs James Madison Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
James Madison Dukes (7-0) vs Old Dominion Monarchs (4-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Showker Field at Bridgeforth Stadium)
Betting Odds: James Madison Dukes -21 -- Over/Under: 49 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPNU Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Old Dominion Monarchs and James Madison Dukes face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Bridgeforth Stadium.
James Madison Getting Screwed by NCAA
The NCAA can’t ever seem to get out of its own way with stupid rules, and this time it’s hurting James Madison. Because James Madison just came up from the FCS level, the NCAA has decided they aren’t eligible for postseason play, even though they have a 7-0 record. In the last game against Marshall, the defense gave up only nine points, and they ended up winning by 11. Quarterback Jordan McCloud completed 21 of his 31 passes for 264 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. He also rushed for 69 yards and a touchdown. James Madison on the season is averaging 32.4 points while their defense is giving up 19.3 points per game.
James Madison Betting Trends
- James Madison has won each of its last nine games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- James Madison has covered the spread in each of its last five games against conference opponents.
- James Madison has won the first half in each of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Each of James Madison's last three October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Old Dominion Looks For Third Straight Win
Old Dominion comes into this game with a 4-3 record overall and they have won two games in a row. In the last game against Applachian State, Old Dominion scored 28 points and they won by seven. Grant Wilson completed 18 of his 25 passes for 188 yards and a touchdown. Kadarius Calloway finished with 13 carries for 104 yards. Old Dominion is averaging 24.1 points while their defense is giving up 25.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 91st and they need the offense to be strong here.
Old Dominion Betting Trends
- Old Dominion has won three of its last four October games as an underdog.
- Old Dominion has covered the spread in each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Four of Old Dominion's last five games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too low. James Madison is going to have no issue running up the score here. Jordan McClouid is going to find a ton of success here through the air and will lead to a ton of scoring. Old Dominion is averaging 24.1 points per game and they are going to get close to that number here again. Look for both offenses to run up the score and this game is going to go over the total.