Ohio State vs Wisconsin Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Wisconsin Badgers (5-2) vs Ohio State Buckeyes (7-0)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Camp Randall Stadium)
Betting Odds: Wisconsin Badgers +14.5 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Ohio State Buckeyes will play the Wisconsin Badgers on Saturday night at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wisconsin. Ohio State comes into this game undefeated, while Wisconsin barely avoided their second straight loss last weekend.
Ohio State Preview
The Ohio State Buckeyes are 7-0 (4-0) this year after they defeated Penn State by a score of 20-12 last week. Ohio State led 10-6 at halftime and their defense never gave Penn State a chance to come back in the second half. The Buckeyes out gained Penn State by a total of 365-240 and they held them to 1-16 on third down. Ohio State also defeated Notre Dame on the road earlier in the year. The Ohio State offense is scoring 33.7 points per game with 304.9 passing yards per game and 127 rushing yards per game, while going 42.9% on third downs. Kyle McCord has thrown for 1,937 yards, 12 touchdowns, and one interception for the Buckeyes this season. TreVeyon Henderson (questionable) has rushed for 295 yards and five scores, while Marvin Harrison Jr. has caught 42 passes for 766 yards and six touchdowns. The Ohio State defense is giving up 10 points against per game this year.
The Wisconsin Badgers are 5-2 (3-1) this season after they defeated Illinois by a score of 25-21 last week. Wisconsin trailed 14-7 at the half and 21-7 in the fourth quarter, but they scored 18 points in the fourth for the win. The Badgers out gained Illinois by a total of 379-323 and went 10-17 on third down in the game. Wisconsin’s two losses came against Washington State and Iowa. The Wisconsin offense is averaging 26.9 points per game with 216.6 passing yards per game and 180.4 rushing yards per game, while going 43.4% on third downs. Braedyn Locke has thrown for 370 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception for the Badgers this season. Braelon Allen has rushed for 704 yards and eight scores, while Will Pauling has caught 37 passes for 398 yards and one touchdown. The Wisconsin defense is allowing 18.3 points against per game this season.
Wisconsin Badgers Team Facts
- Wisconsin has lost nine of its last 11 games against AP-ranked teams.
- Wisconsin has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five home games.
- Four of Wisconsin's last five games against top-10 AP-ranked teams at Camp Randall Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Ohio State Buckeyes Team Facts
- Ohio State has won each of its last 16 games in October.
- Ohio State has covered the spread in nine of its last 10 October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ohio State has won the first quarter in each of its last three road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Ohio State's last four games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Ohio State are one of only six FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
- Ohio State rank 34th among FBS teams for points per game this season (33.7).
Ohio State is coming off of a dominant defensive performance against Penn State last week, but they need to stay focused to avoid a let down spot here. Wisconsin is down to their backup quarterback and they nearly lost to Illinois in their last game, but they might be able to control the pace of the game with their rushing attack. Braelon Allen is one of the best running backs in the country and the OSU rush defense is the weaker part of that defense. Wisconsin may be able to keep this game close for a half, but Marvin Harrison Jr. will break free a few times and Ohio State will run away with it.