North Carolina vs Georgia Tech Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-4) vs North Carolina Tar Heels (6-1)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field)
Betting Odds: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets +12 -- Over/Under: 64 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The North Carolina Tar Heels and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
North Carolina Should be Ashamed of Themselves
Just a week ago we were talking about the college football playoffs for North Carolina, but those dreams are dead. In the last game against Virginia, North Carolina there was no reason the game should have been even close, but the defense gave up 31 points and that led to the defeat. Drake Maye completed 24 of his 48 passes for 347 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Omarion Hampton finished with 19 carries for 112 yards. North Carolina is averaging 35.9 points while their defense is giving up 22.4 points per game. In this game the defense is going to need to be better.
North Carolina Betting Trends
- The team ranked 17th in the AP Poll has lost three of its last four games.
- North Carolina has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five October games as a road favorite.
Georgia Tech’s Defense Needs to Be Better
Georgia Tech comes into this game with a 3-4 record overall but in the last game, the defense was awful. Georgia Tech gave up 38 points to Boston College and that led to the 15-point defeat. Georgia Tech’s offense was led by Haynes King and he completed 14 of his 32 passes for 204 yards, one touchdowns, and three interceptions. He can’t have the turnover issues again in this game. Georgia Tech is averaging 29.7 points while their defense is giving up 30.3 points per game.
Georgia Tech Betting Trends
- The underdog has won each of Georgia Tech's last four games.
- Georgia Tech has failed to cover the spread in 11 of its last 12 games at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field.
- Georgia Tech has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field.
- Each of Georgia Tech's last four games at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
North Carolina is going to find success in this game, and they will have a big bounce back. King had turnovers in the last game for Georgia Tech and they are going to really struggle again in this game. Look for North Carolina to get a big game from Drake Maye, and North Carolina is going to score at least 38 points here. This is going to be a blowout victory, but at least 20 points. Back the over.