Mississippi State vs Auburn Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Auburn Tigers (3-4) vs Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Jordan-Hare Stadium)
Betting Odds: Auburn Tigers -6.5 -- Over/Under: 47.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SEC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Mississippi State Bulldogs and Auburn Tigers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
Auburn Has Lost Four Straight
After winning the first three games, Auburn has struggled, losing four games in a row. In the last game against Ole Miss, Auburn scored 21 points, but it wasn’t enough as they ended up losing by seven points. Under center for Auburn was Payton Throne and he completed 9 of his 13 passes for 100 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Auburn is averaging 26.7 points while their defense is giving up 23.9 points per game. The defense is ranked 59th, but in this game it needs to be the offense that gets going.
Auburn Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Auburn's last 13 games at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- The home team has covered the spread in eight of Auburn's last 10 games.
- Five of Auburn's last six October games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Mississippi State Looks for Fifth Win
Mississippi State comes into this game with a 4-3 record overall and they are coming off a victory, even if it wasn’t impressive. The Bulldogs scored only seven points, but the defense gave up only three points and that led to the victory. One of the big questions for Mississippi State heading into this game is the status of quarterback Will Rogers. He missed the last game with injury and if he can’t go in this game, it’s going to be tough. The Bulldogs are averaging 26.9 points while their defense is giving up 25.7 points per game.
Mississippi State Betting Trends
- Mississippi State has won each of its last four October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The road team has covered the spread in five of Mississippi State's last six games.
- Mississippi State has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- Each of Mississippi State's last four road games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Without knowing the status of Will Rogers, there are better games on the board. Even with Will Rogers though, Mississippi State’s offense hasn’t been as dynamic and I think they are going to struggle in this game. Look for Auburn to get a big game from Payton Thorne, and the Mississippi State’s offense is going to struggle here. This is going to be a victory by Auburn here. Back Auburn against the spread.