Miami-OH vs Ohio Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Ohio Bobcats (6-2) vs Miami-OH RedHawks (6-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Frank Solich Field at Peden Stadium)
Betting Odds: Ohio Bobcats -6.5 -- Over/Under: 39.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBSSports Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Miami (OH) RedHawks will play the Ohio Bobcats on Saturday afternoon at Peden Stadium in Athens, Ohio. Miami (OH) lost their first conference game last week, while Ohio was able to bounce back after losing their first MAC game two games ago.
Miami (OH) Preview
The Miami (OH) RedHawks are 6-2 (3-1) this season after they lost to Toledo by a score of 21-17 last week. Miami (OH) trailed 21-3 at the half, but they did out score Toledo 14-0 in the second half to make it close. The RedHawks were out gained by a total of 318-299 and they turned the ball over two times in the loss. Prior to that loss, Miami had won six games in a row, including a road win against Cincinnati. The Miami (OH) offense is scoring 29.8 points per game with 211.8 passing yards per game and 154.1 rushing yards per game, while going 44.2% on third downs. Brett Gabbert was their starting quarterback, but he is out for the season. Aveon Smith is expected to be the starter for this game. Rashad Amos has rushed for 421 yards and four scores, while Gage Larvadain has caught 30 passes for 572 yards and six touchdowns. The Miami (OH) defense is allowing 19.4 points against per game this season.
The Ohio Bobcats are 6-2 (3-1) this year after they defeated Western Michigan by a score of 20-17 in their last game. Ohio led 6-0 at the half and they were able to hold off WMU in the second half for the win. The Bobcats out gained Western Michigan by a total of 460-369 and forced one turnover in the game. Ohio has losses to NIU and San Diego State, but they did pick up wins against FAU and Iowa State. The Ohio offense is averaging 22.5 points per game with 207 passing yards per game and 143.3 rushing yards per game, while going 49.6% on third downs. Kurtis Rourke has thrown for 1,343 yards, nine touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Bobcats this year. Sieh Bangura has rushed for 448 yards and three scores, while Sam Wiglusz has caught 39 passes for 440 yards and three touchdowns. The Ohio defense is giving up 13.9 points against per game this year.
Ohio Bobcats Team Facts
- Ohio has won each of its last 10 games against non-AP-ranked teams at Peden Stadium.
- Ohio has covered the spread in each of its last three October games against Miami (OH).
- Ohio has won the first half in each of its last six games against conference opponents at Peden Stadium.
- Seven of Ohio's last eight games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Miami (OH) RedHawks Team Facts
- Miami (OH) has won five of its last seven October games as an underdog.
- The favorite has covered the spread in each of Miami (OH)'s last five games.
- Miami (OH) has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Miami (OH) has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Peden Stadium.
- Each of Miami (OH)'s last six October games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Ohio has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of three points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
This is a huge game in the MAC East standings, as both teams are tied for first place with a 3-1 conference record. Miami struggled to get much of anything going against Toledo last weekend, as they only scored 17 points. Ohio lost to NIU two games ago and barely got by Western Michigan last week, so they are going to need a much better effort in this game. Ohio’s defense has been very good this season, allowing about 14 points per game and only 261 total yards. I think the Ohio defense is going to be the difference in this game, as Miami will have their backup quarterback in. Take the Bobcats here.