Memphis vs North Texas Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
North Texas Mean Green (3-4) vs Memphis Tigers (5-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 3:00 pm (DATCU Stadium)
Betting Odds: North Texas Mean Green +7.5 -- Over/Under: 67.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Memphis Tigers and North Texas Mean Green face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Apogee Stadium.
Memphis Looks for Another Big Win
Memphis comes into this game with a 5-2 record overall and they were quite impressive in the last game. Memphis scored 41 points against UAB and that was enough for the comfortable victory. Blake Watson had a strong game on the ground rushing 21 times for 125 yards and a touchdown. Seth Henigan completed 19 of his 28 passes for 159 yards and two touchdowns. Memphis on the season is averaging 35.6 points while their defense is giving up 22.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 20th while the defense is ranked 49th.
Memphis Betting Prediction
- The favorite has won 21 of Memphis' last 22 games.
- Memphis has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five games.
- Each of Memphis' last six October games as a road favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Down Year for North Texas
North Texas comes into this game with a 3-4 record overall and it’s been a down year for them. In the last game against Tulane, North Texas scored 28 points, but that wasn’t enough as the defense gave up 35 points. Chandler Rogers completed 35 of his 51 passes for 343 yards and two touchdowns. North Texas is averaging 34.6 points while their defense is giving up 35.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 25th and they need the offense to be strong yet again in this game.
North Texas Betting Prediction
- North Texas has won each of its last seven games against conference opponents at DATCU Stadium.
- North Texas has covered the spread in each of its last eight October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- North Texas has won the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents at DATCU Stadium.
- North Texas has won the first quarter in each of its last four games against conference opponents at DATCU Stadium.
- Each of North Texas' last four October games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be higher scoring. North Texas has had a strong offense this season averaging 34.6 points per game. Their defense however has been an issue giving up 35.4 points per game. Memphis is averaging 35.6 points per game and they are going to have no issue running up the score. Both offenses are going to run up the score here and the over is going to cash.