Marshall vs Coastal Carolina Prediction - College football Picks 10/28/23
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (4-3) vs Marshall Thundering Herd (4-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 6:00 pm (Brooks Stadium)
Betting Odds: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers +3.5 -- Over/Under: 46 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Marshall Thundering Herd and Coastal Carolina Chanticleers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Brooks Stadium.
Marshall Really Struggling
Marshall comes into this game with a 4-3 record overall but they have lost three games in a row. Marshall’s last game came against James Madison, and they were defeated 20-9. The defense was actually pretty good, but the offense couldn’t get anything going and that led to the loss. Cam Fancher completed 17 of his 30 passes for 173 yards and an interception. Marshall is averaging 27.3 points while their defense is giving up 27.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 76th and they need to find a way to get the offense going early here. Rasheen Ali missed the last game with an injury and it's unclear if he's going to be able go in this game.
Marshall Betting Trends
- Marshall has won each of its last eight games as a favorite.
- Marshall has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Seven of Marshall's last eight October games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Coastal Carolina Looks for Fifth Win
Coastal Carolina comes into this game with a 4-3 record overall and they are coming off a victory in the last game. Coastal Carolina only gave up 17 points to Arkansas State, and that led to the 10-point victory. Grayson McCall completed 24 of his 28 passes for 244 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Coastal Carolina on the season is averaging 29.71 points while their defense is giving up 22.71 points per game. The offense is ranked 57th, and in this game they are going to need a big game from McCall.
Coastal Carolina Betting Trends
- Coastal Carolina has won five of its last six October games as an underdog.
- Coastal Carolina has covered the spread in each of its last six October games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Coastal Carolina has won the first quarter in seven of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Each of Coastal Carolina's last four games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Coastal Carolina is going to find success in this game. I trust Grayson McCall and he’s going to have a big game again here. Marshall’s offense really struggled in the last game and they aren’t going to run up the score here. At worst this should be a pick em and Coastal Carolina is going to find success here. Back Coastal Carolina against the spread.