Iowa State vs Baylor Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Baylor Bears (3-4) vs Iowa State Cyclones (4-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 3:30 pm (McLane Stadium)
Betting Odds: Baylor Bears +2.5 -- Over/Under: 47.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Iowa State Cyclones will play the Baylor Bears in a Big 12 game on Saturday afternoon at McLane Stadium in Waco, Texas. Iowa State has won two games in a row, while Baylor has alternated wins and losses over their last six games.
Iowa State Preview
The Iowa State Cyclones are 4-3 (3-1) this year after they defeated Cincinnati by a score of 30-10 in their last game. Iowa State led 17-7 at halftime and they pulled away in the second half for the win. The Cyclones out gained Cincinnati by a total of 364-214 and forced two turnovers in the game. Iowa State also has conference wins against Oklahoma State and TCU, but they did lose to Oklahoma. The Iowa State offense is scoring 23 points per game with 211.6 passing yards per game and 117.3 rushing yards per game, while going 31.4% on third downs. Rocco Becht has thrown for 1,464 yards, 12 touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Cyclones this season. Eli Sanders has rushed for 263 yards and two touchdowns, while Jayden Higgins has caught 23 passes for 438 yards and three scores. The Iowa State defense is allowing 20 points against per game this year.
The Baylor Bears are 3-4 (2-2) this season after they defeated Cincinnati by a score of 32-29 in their last game. Baylor led 20-14 at the half and they were able to hang on for the win in the second half. The Bears were out gained by a total of 450-396 and forced three turnover on downs in the win. Baylor has only defeated two FBS teams this year, which are Cincinnati and UCF. The Baylor offense is averaging 23.1 points per game with 284.7 passing yards per game and 115.6 rushing yards per game, while going 38.3% on third downs. Blake Shapen has thrown for 1,236 yards and five touchdowns for the Bears this year. Dominic Richardson has rushed for 255 yards, while Monaray Baldwin has caught 24 passes for 453 yards and two scores. The Baylor defense is giving up 30 points against per game this season.
Baylor Bears Team Facts
- Baylor has won three of its last four games as an underdog against Iowa State.
- Baylor has failed to cover the spread in each of its last seven home games.
- Baylor has lost the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Baylor's last four games at McLane Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Iowa State Cyclones Team Facts
- Iowa State has lost six of its last seven games as a road favorite.
- Iowa State has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven games as a road favorite.
- Iowa State has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Ten of Iowa State's last 11 games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Iowa State started the season not playing very well, but they have won three out of their last four games. Baylor has two conference wins on the season and they will be at home for this game, but their defense has not been good this year. Iowa State doesn’t have the best offense, but they should be able to take advantage of the Baylor defense, especially on the ground. I like Iowa State to get the road win here.