Indiana vs Penn State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Penn State Nittany Lions (6-1) vs Indiana Hoosiers (2-5)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Beaver Stadium)
Betting Odds: Penn State Nittany Lions -32 -- Over/Under: 46 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Indiana Hoosiers and Penn State Nittany Lions face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Beaver Stadium.
Indiana Looks to Pull Big Upset
Indiana comes into this game with a 2-5 record overall and they are coming off another loss in the last game. Indiana’s offense only managed 14 points against Rutgers and that was the difference as Indiana lost. Brendan Sorsby completed 15 of his 31 passes for 126 yards and a touchdown. Indiana is averaging 17.9 points while their defense is giving up 29.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 125th while the defense is ranked 96th.
Indiana Betting Trends
- Indiana has lost each of its last 10 games in October.
- Indiana has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last nine games as a road underdog.
- Indiana has lost the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Each of Indiana's last four road games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Is Drew Allar the Answer for Penn State?
Penn State comes into this game with a 6-1 record overall but their offense looked awful against Ohio State in the last game. The offense only scored 12 points, and they couldn’t get anything going all night. Drew Allar completed 18 of his 42 passes for 191 yards and a touchdown. The top rusher was NIck Singleton and he had nine carries for 48 yards. Penn State is averaging 39.7 points while their defense is giving up 9.7 points. In the last game the defense was still good, but the offense just couldn’t get anything going.
Penn State Betting Trends
- Penn State has won each of its last 10 home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The favorite has covered the spread in each of Penn State's last 12 games.
- Penn State has won the first half in each of its last seven games against conference opponents at Beaver Stadium.
- Penn State has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Beaver Stadium.
- Eight of Penn State's last 10 games against conference opponents at Beaver Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Penn State looked awful in the last game, but I still have faith in Drew Allar. Indiana’s defense is giving up 29.3 points per agme and they are going to really struggle in this game. Look for Indiana’s offense to score a touchdown or less and that is going to be the difference here. Penn State is going to go over 45 points and the Nittany Lions are going to cover the spread here.