Georgia vs Florida Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Florida Gators (5-2) vs Georgia Bulldogs (7-0)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 3:30 pm (TIAA Bank Field)
Betting Odds: Florida Gators +14.5 -- Over/Under: 49.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia Bulldogs will play the Florida Gators in a SEC Rivalry game on Saturday afternoon at EverBank Stadium in Jacksonville, Florida. Georgia comes into this game undefeated and ranked #1, while Florida has won four of their last five games.
The Georgia Bulldogs are 7-0 (4-0) this season after they defeated Vanderbilt by a score of 37-20 in their last game. Georgia trailed 7-0 in the first quarter, but they led 27-7 at the end of the third quarter. The Bulldogs out gained Vanderbilt by a total of 552-219, but they did turn the ball over twice. Georgia’s best wins have come against Kentucky, at Auburn, and South Carolina. The Georgia offense is scoring 41 points per game with 337 passing yards per game and 172.4 rushing yards per game, while going 57.1% on third downs. Carson Beck has thrown for 2,147 yards, 12 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Bulldogs this year. Daijun Edwards has rushed for 460 yards and six scores, while Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint has caught 18 passes for 333 yards and two touchdowns. The Georgia defense is giving up 14 points against per game this year.
The Florida Gators are 5-2 (3-1) this year after they defeated South Carolina by a score of 41-39 in their last game. Florida led 24-21 at the half, but they trailed 37-27 in the fourth quarter, before Florida scored two late touchdowns. The Gators out gained South Carolina by a total of 494-465 and forced two turnovers in the win. Florida has two losses against Utah and Kentucky, but they did defeat Tennessee earlier in the year. The Florida offense is averaging 29.1 points per game with 280.4 passing yards per game and 141.3 rushing yards per game, while going 33.3% on third downs. Graham Mertz has thrown for 1,897 yards, 12 touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Gators this year. Montrell Johnson Jr. has rushed for 438 yards and four scores, while Ricky Pearsall has caught 44 passes for 619 yards and three touchdowns. The Florida defense is allowing 20 points against per game this season.
Florida Gators Team Facts
- Florida has lost each of its last six games played at neutral venues.
- Florida has covered the spread in six of its last seven games against top-5 AP-ranked teams.
- Florida has lost the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents at EverBank Stadium.
- Nine of Florida's last 10 games against top-5 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia Bulldogs Team Facts
- Georgia has won each of its last 24 games.
- The team ranked 1st in the AP Poll has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia has won the first half in nine of its last 11 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Georgia's last four games at neutral venues have gone OVER the total points line.
- Georgia rank 7th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (14.0).
- Georgia has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of 10+ points of any FBS team this season (5).
Georgia comes into this game undefeated and they are ranked #1 in the country, but they have not looked as dominant as we are used to seeing. Georgia is also without Brock Bowers, who is their top receiving option. Florida has played inconsistently this year, but they have shown the ability to play very well at times. The Gators offense has played well in their last two games and I think they are going to find some success here. I also think the Georgia offense could struggle without Bowers. I like Florida to keep this game close.