Florida State vs Wake Forest Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
Wake Forest Demon Deacons (4-3) vs Florida State Seminoles (7-0)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium)
Betting Odds: Wake Forest Demon Deacons +20.5 -- Over/Under: 52.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Florida State Seminoles and Wake Forest Demon Deacons face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at BB&T Stadium.
Florida State Has Great Path to College Football Playoff
Florida State comes into this game with a 7-0 record overall and with a bad ACC they look like they should be in the college football playoff. They can’t be too confident though because one loss might knock them off. In the last game against Duke, Florida State scored 38 points and they ended up winning by 18 points. Florida State on the season is averaging 41.6 points while their defense is giving up 18.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 5th in the league while the defense is ranked 21st. Jordan Travis has thrown for 1,750 yards for 15 touchdowns, and two interceptions.
Florida State Betting Trends
- Florida State has won each of its last 13 games.
- The team ranked 4th in the AP Poll has covered the spread in eight of its last nine games.
- Florida State has won the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Each of Florida State's last five October games as a road favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Wake Forest’s Offense Hasn’t Been Good Enough
Wake Forest sits with a 4-3 record overall and even though have a solid record, they haven’t been good enough with the offense. In the last game against the Pitt Panthers, the offense still only scored 21 points but that was enough for the victory. Wake Forest on the season is averaging 23.1 points while the defense is giving up 22.1 points per game. The offense is ranked 99th in the league while the defense is ranked 45th.
Wake Forest Betting Trends
- Wake Forest has won each of its last nine October games at Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Wake Forest has covered the spread in eight of its last nine October games at Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Each of Wake Forest's last seven games as an underdog against Florida State have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Wake Forest’s offense is averaging only 23.1 points per game and that isn’t going to be good enough here. Florida State is averaging 41.6 points and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. Florida State is going to have no issue running up the score, and that is going to be the difference here as they are going to get the job done with ease. Back Florida State against the spread.