Colorado at UCLA Prediction - College Football Picks 10/28/23
UCLA Bruins (5-2) vs Colorado Buffaloes (4-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Rose Bowl)
Betting Odds: UCLA Bruins -14.5 -- Over/Under: 61.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Colorado Buffaloes will head out to Los Angeles to face the UCLA Bruins in Pac-12 play this weekend from the Rose Bowl on ABC. This will mark their final conference matchup, and UCLA leads the head-to-head, 13-5.
Colorado Buffaloes Preview
Colorado comes in at 4-3 after defeating losing to Stanford in Boulder. The Buffaloes had one of the worst meltdowns in recent memory against the Cardinal, and they’ll attempt to regroup here at the Rose Bowl. The Colorado offense is scoring 34.4 ppg, while passing for 346.1 ypg, rushing for 86.3 ypg, and converting 44.3% of their third downs.
Colorado Player Notes
• Shedeur Sanders had a strong first half in the loss to Stanford, passing for 400 yards and five scores, but an untimely interception would ultimately decide the contest. The junior QB continues to put up massive numbers, and he’ll look to put last week behind him with a strong showing in LA. Sanders has passed for 2,420 yards, with 21 touchdowns to three interceptions thru seven starts.
• The run game has been the Buffs Achilles heel this season, but freshman RB Dylan Edwards has been versatile out of the backfield, totaling 477 yards (250 rush, 217 rec), while catching 23 passes.
• Xavier Weaver and Jimmy Horn Jr. have been effective on the outside, with the former leading the team in receptions (50) and receiving yards (631). Horn Jr. has caught a team-high four touchdown passes, while recording 44 catches for 436 yards.
• The Colorado defense has allowed 35.8 points per game.
UCLA Bruins Preview
UCLA moved to 5-2 after defeating Stanford in Palo Alto, 42-7. The Bruins scored the first 35 points en route to a massive victory over the Cardinal, and they’ll look to remain undefeated at the Rose Bowl this weekend. The UCLA offense is scoring 31.3 ppg, while passing for 248.9 ypg, rushing for 215.1 ypg, and converting 42.1% of their third downs.
UCLA Player Notes
• Dante Moore picked up an injury versus Stanford, and Ethan Garbers came in to complete the mission. The junior quarterback went 20/28 for 240 yards and two touchdowns, and he’ll attempt to deliver winning results again here against a vulnerable Colorado defense.
• Junior back Carson Steele scored three times in the win over Stanford, and he leads the Bruins in rushing with 599 yards on 113 touches.
• Cal transfer J.Michael Sturdivant found the endzone for the second time this season last weekend, and he leads Stanford in receiving yards with 407 on 23 catches.
• The Stanford defense has allowed 14.8 points per game.
Colorado vs UCLA Trends
• Colorado is 2-4-1 against the spread, with a 4-3 O/U record.
• UCLA is 4-3 ATS, with a 3-4 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
If Dante Moore isn’t able to go, the Buffs will come into this one with a massive advantage at the quarterback position, and I think they’ll hang around in this one. Coach Prime should have this bunch ready to engage and lock in, and after having two long weeks to digest the Friday the 13th loss to Stanford, they're going to come out motivated. This will be a big number for the Bruins to cover with a backup quarterback, so spot the Buffaloes the points for this Pac-12 matchup.