FAU vs Charlotte Prediction - College Football Picks 10/27/23
Charlotte 49ers (2-5) vs Florida Atlantic Owls (3-4)
Game Info: Friday, October 27, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Jerry Richardson Stadium)
Betting Odds: Charlotte 49ers +3.5 -- Over/Under: 43 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The FAU Owls and Charlotte 49ers face off on Friday in a college football showdown at Jerry Richardson Stadium.
FAU Needs This Win to get Closer to a Bowl Game
FAU comes into this game with a 3-4 record overall but they are coming off a loss in the last game. In the last game against UTSA, FAU only scored only 10 points and that led to the 26 point defeat. Daniel Richardson completed 19 of his 34 passes for 142 yards, zero touchdowns, and two interceptions. The turnovers were an issue and they need to be better here. Florida Atlantic on the season is averaging 24.1 points while their defense is giving up 25 points per game. The offense is ranked 91st and they need the offense to be good here.
FAU Betting Prediction
- Florida Atlantic has won each of its last four games against Charlotte.
- Florida Atlantic has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Five of Florida Atlantic's last six games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Charlotte Coming Off Ugly Win
Charlotte only has two wins but one of those wins did come in their last game. Even though they were able to pick up the victory, it was an ugly game that neither team should have probably won. Charlotte only scored 10 points, but the defense gave up only seven points. Jalon Jones completed 11 of his 18 passes for 188 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. Charlotte is averaging only 14.6 points while their defense is giving up 22.7 points per game. The defense is ranked 49th but they need to find a way to get the offense going here.
Charlotte Betting Prediction
- Charlotte has lost each of its last four October games at Jerry Richardson Stadium.
- Charlotte has failed to cover the spread in nine of its last 10 games at Jerry Richardson Stadium.
- Eight of Charlotte's last nine games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This is going to be an ugly game. Charlotte’s offense has been an issue, and in the last game they scored only ten points. FAU is averaging 24.1 points per game but I expect they are going to really struggle in this game to get the offense going against the Charlotte defense. Look for both team to struggle to get to even 20 points, and this game is going to stay under the total. Back the under to cash.