Georgia State vs Georgia Southern Prediction - College Football Picks 10/26/23
Georgia Southern Eagles (5-2) vs Georgia State Panthers (6-1)
Game Info: Thursday, October 26, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Allen E. Paulson Stadium)
Betting Odds: Georgia Southern Eagles -1.5 - Over/Under: 64 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN2 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
Georgia State and Georgia Southern face off on Thursday in a college football showdown at Paulson Stadium.
Impressive Start to Season for Georgia Southern
Georgia Southern comes into this game with a 5-2 record overall, and they are coming off a big victory in the last game. Georgia Southern faced off against Louisiana-Monroe, and they were able to secure the 38-28 victory. Under center for Georgia Southern was Davis Brin, and he completed 20 of his 36 passes for 240 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. Georgia Southern on the season is averaging 32.3 points, while their defense is giving up 24.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 41st, while the defense is ranked 61st.
Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Georgia Southern has won each of its last 12 October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia Southern has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight Thursday games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Four of Georgia Southern's last five games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Georgia State Looks for 7th Win
Georgia State comes into this game with a 6-1 record overall, but they were tested in the last game. They scored 20 points in the 2nd quarter, but the other three quarters they failed to score any points which allow Louisiana to stay in the game. Georgia State is averaging 30.9 points, while their defense is giving up 22.9 points per game. The offense is ranked 47th, while the defense is ranked 52nd. In this game, the Panthers are going to need the defense to step up in a big way.
Georgia State Betting Trends
- Georgia State has won eight of its last nine October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia State has covered the spread in each of its last six road games.
- Georgia State has won the first quarter in six of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Georgia State has won the first half in seven of its last eight road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Georgia State's last four road games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
These teams are pretty similar, and I expect this is going to be a close battle. I do however think home field is going to be a big advantage here. Georgia Southern’s offense is going to find plenty of success earlier, and that is going to be the difference here, as they are going to get the job done. Georgia State isn’t going to be keeping up with the offense, and Georgia Southern will cover the spread.