Jacksonville State vs FIU Prediction - College Football Picks 10/25/23
FIU Panthers (4-4) vs Jacksonville State Gamecocks (6-2)
Game Info: Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Riccardo Silva Stadium)
Betting Odds: FIU Panthers +8 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Sports Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Jacksonville State Gamecocks and FIU Panthers face off on Wednesday in a college football showdown at FIU Stadium.
Jacksonville State Coming off Key Win
Jacksonville State sits with a 6-2 record overall and although I might not exactly be sold on them, they just continue to win. In the last game against Western Kentucky, Jacksonville State scored 20 points and that was enough to secure the three point victory. Zion Webb completed 22 of his 39 passes for 218 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. He also rushed 28 times for 146 yards and one touchdown. Jacksonville State is averaging 27 points while their defense is giving up 19.1 points per game. The offense is ranked 76th while hte defense is ranked 24th.
Jacksonville Betting Trends
- Jacksonville State has won four of its last five games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Jacksonville State has covered the spread in four of its last five games in October.
- Nine of Jacksonville State's last 12 games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
FIU Looks to Move Above .500
FIU comes into this game with a 4-4 record overall and they are coming off an overtime victory in the last game. FIU scored 33 points against Sam Houston State and that was enough to secure the six-point victory. Keyone Jenkins completed 26 of his 38 passes for 190 yards and one touchdown. Kejon Owens rushed nine times for 60 yards and a touchdown. FIU is averaging 21.4 points while their defense is giving up 27 points per game. The offense is 108th and they need the offense to be good here.
FIU Betting Trends
- Florida International has lost 11 of its last 12 games against conference opponents at FIU Stadium.
- Florida International has failed to cover the spread in 10 of its last 11 matches when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Florida International has lost the first half in 11 of its last 12 games against conference opponents at FIU Stadium.
- Four of Florida International's last five games as a home underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too high. FIU’s defense is going to step up, and I am still not sold on Jacksonville State’s offense. Jacksonville State’s defense is giving up only 19.1 points, and they're going to lockdown again in this game. FIU is coming off a game where they scored 33 points, but in this game they are going to struggle to get to even 17 points. This game is going to be lower scoring and the under is going to cash.