Wisconsin vs Illinois - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Illinois Fighting Illini (3-4) vs Wisconsin Badgers (4-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Illinois Fighting Illini +2.5 -- Over/Under: 41 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Wisconsin Badgers and Illinois Fighting Illini face off on Saturday in a Big Ten college football showdown at Memorial Stadium.
Can Illinois Build on Last Week?
Illinois has had some issues this season, but they hope they can build on last week. In the last game against Maryland, Illinois scored 27 points and that was enough to secure the three-point victory. Luke Altmyer completed 16 of his 28 passes for 206 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Kaden Feagin rushed 19 times for 84 yards and a touchdown. The defense still wasn’t exactly elite, and that is something that need to be improved upon. In this game, Illinois needs another good offensive game.
Illinois Betting Trends
- Illinois has won each of its last three October games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Illinois has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games.
- Illinois has lost the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Illinois' last eight home games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
How Does Wisconsin Bounce Back?
Wisconsin sits with a 4-2 record overall, but they are coming off a disappointing loss in the last game. In the last game against Iowa, the offense only managed six points and even though the defense gave up only 15 points and that led to the loss. One big issue for Wisconsin heading into this game is they are without starting quarterback Tanner Mordecai after he broke his hand in the last game. Brayden Locke is going to start in this game and he’s going to need to have a big game here. Running back Chez Mellusi is out for the season.
Wisconsin Betting Trends
- Wisconsin has won 24 of its last 32 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Wisconsin has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six games.
- Wisconsin has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Memorial Stadium (Champaign).
- Each of Wisconsin's last four games as a road favorite against Illinois have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be an ugly game. Illinois and Wisconsin are both offenses I don’t trust and they are both going to struggle to score here. I don’t trust Locke and he’s going to have major issues getting the offense going here. This is game where Wisconsin is going to struggle to get ten points again. This total could be 25 points and the under would still be a good play. Back the under to cash here.