Virginia vs North Carolina Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
North Carolina Tar Heels (6-0) vs Virginia Cavaliers (1-5)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 6:30 pm (Kenan Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: North Carolina Tar Heels -23.5 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Virginia Cavaliers and North Carolina Tar Heels face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Kenan Memorial Stadium.
Down Season for Virginia
Virginia has dealt with a lot as a program the last month, and they currently sit with a 1-5 record. The good news for Virginia though, the only win came in their last game against William & Mary. They were a much more talented group but they still only managed to win 27-13. Under center for Michigan was Tony Muskett and he completed 17 of his 26 passes for 232 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Virginia is averaging 22.3 points while their defense is giving up 31.8 points per game. In this game the defense is going to need to be good or this is going to be a long game.
Virginia Betting Trends
- Virginia has lost each of its last six matches when playing with a rest advantage.
- Virginia has covered the spread in five of its last six October games against AP-ranked teams.
- Five of Virginia's last six games as an underdog against top-10 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Perfect Start for North Carolina
Of the perfect teams that are left, not many are talking about North Carolina, but this is a team that could make the college football playoffs. In the last game against the Miami Hurricanes the offense scored 41 points and that led to a ten point victory. Drake Maye completed 17 of his 33 passes for 273 yards and four touchdowns. North Carolina is averaging 37.3 points while their defense is giving up 21 points per game. The offense is ranked 15th, and they are going to need to run up the score here.
North Carolina Betting Trends
- North Carolina has won each of its last six games.
- North Carolina has covered the spread in each of its last four games as a favorite.
- Four of the last five games between Virginia and North Carolina have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to get out of hand early. This Virginia offense has been a major issue heading into this game and they are going to really struggle here. Look for Drake Maye to have a big game here and North Carolina is going to go over 50 points here. The Virginia offense is going to have no answer and this is going to be avery easy victory by North Carolina. Back the Tar Heels against the spread.