UTSA vs FAU Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Florida Atlantic Owls (3-3) vs UTSA Roadrunners (3-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 6:00 pm (FAU Stadium)
Betting Odds: Florida Atlantic Owls +3.5 -- Over/Under: 58.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UTSA Roadrunners will play the Florida Atlantic Owls in an AAC game on Saturday night at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, Florida. Both of these teams come into this game on a two game winning streak and are undefeated in conference play.
The UTSA Roadrunners are 3-3 (2-0) this season after they defeated UAB by a score of 41-20 last week. UTSA led 21-7 at the end of the first quarter, but UAB cut the lead to 24-20 in the third quarter, before UTSA pulled away. The Roadrunners were out gained by a total of 364-360, but did force three turnovers in the win. UTSA opened conference play with a win over Temple by a score of 49-34. The UTSA offense is scoring 27.8 points per game with 234.7 passing yards per game and 152.5 rushing yards per game. Frank Harris has thrown for 932 yards, seven touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Roadrunners this season. Kevorian Barnes has rushed for 413 yards and four touchdowns, while Joshua Cephus has caught 45 passes for 441 yards and six scores. The UTSA defense is giving up 27.7 points against per game this year.
Florida Atlantic Preview
The Florida Atlantic Owls are 3-3 (2-0) this year after they defeated South Florida by a score of 56-14 in their last game. Florida Atlantic led 21-14 at the half, but they dominated the second half for the victory. The Owls out gained USF by a total of 587-388 and held South Florida to 3-15 on third downs. Florida Atlantic lost their first three games against FBS opponents, but they opened conference play with a 20-17 win over Tulsa. The FAU offense is averaging 26.5 points per game with 242 passing yards per game and 139.5 rushing yards per game this season. Daniel Richardson has thrown for 902 yards, five touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Owls this year. Larry McCammon has rushed for 442 yards and four scores, while LaJohntay Wester has caught 62 passes for 622 yards and three touchdowns. The FAU defense is allowing 23.2 points against per game this season.
Florida Atlantic Owls Team Facts
- Florida Atlantic has won each of its last seven October games at FAU Stadium.
- Florida Atlantic has covered the spread in five of its last six games as an underdog.
- Florida Atlantic has won the first quarter in six of its last eight games against conference opponents at FAU Stadium.
- Six of Florida Atlantic's last seven home games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
UTSA Roadrunners Team Facts
- UTSA has won 22 of its last 23 games against conference opponents.
- UTSA has covered the spread in nine of its last 11 road games in October.
- UTSA has won the first half in each of its last five road games against conference opponents.
- Nine of UTSA's last 11 October games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Both of these teams come into this matchup undefeated in conference play and the winner of this game will be looking great in the AAC standings. UTSA has scored 41 and 49 points in their last two games, while FAU has scored 76 points of their own in their last two games. FAU started the season poorly, but they have played much better in their last three games, which included a near upset of Illinois. I think FAU has the better defense in this matchup and I am going to take them at home with the points.