USF vs UConn Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
UCONN Huskies (1-5) vs USF Bulls (3-4)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field)
Betting Odds: UCONN Huskies +1.5 -- Over/Under: 54.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBSSports Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The South Florida Bulls will play the UConn Huskies in a non-conference game on Saturday afternoon at Pratt & Whitney Stadium in East Hartford, Connecticut. South Florida has lost two games in a row, while UConn is coming off of their first win of the season.
South Florida Preview
The South Florida Bulls are 3-4 (2-2) this season after they lost to FAU by a score of 56-14 in their last game. South Florida trailed 21-14 at halftime, but they allowed 35 points in the second half. The Bulls were out gained by a total of 587-388 and went 3-15 on third downs in the loss. South Florida only has two wins against FBS teams this year and they have allowed 112 points in their last two games. The South Florida offense is scoring 28.3 points per game with 252.9 passing yards per game and 181 rushing yards per game. Byrum Brown has thrown for 1,662 yards, 12 touchdowns, and five interceptions, while rushing for 512 yards and seven touchdowns for the Bulls this year. Nay’Quan Wright has rushed for 404 yards and three touchdowns, while Sean Atkins has caught 43 passes for 493 yards and three scores. The South Florida defense is allowing 36.1 points against per game this year.
The UConn Huskies are 1-5 this year after they defeated Rice by a score of 38-31 in their last game. UConn trailed 14-0 after the first quarter, but they scored the next 28 points to pull away from Rice. The Huskies were out gained by a total of 474-319, but they forced four turnovers in the win. UConn lost their previous five games against Utah State, Duke, FIU, Georgia State, and NC State. The UConn offense is averaging 20.5 points per game with 190.5 passing yards per game and 132.3 rushing yards per game. Ta’Quan Roberson has thrown for 970 yards, seven touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Huskies this year. Victor Rosa has rushed for 399 yards and two touchdowns, while Justin Joly has caught 23 passes for 291 yards and one score. The UConn defense is giving up 31.5 points against per game this season.
Connecticut Huskies Team Facts
- Connecticut has lost each of its last 10 games against opponents from the American Athletic Conference at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field.
- Connecticut has covered the spread in seven of its last eight October games as an underdog.
- Connecticut has lost the first half in each of its last 10 games against opponents from the American Athletic Conference at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field.
- Each of the last four October games between South Florida and Connecticut have gone OVER the total points line.
South Florida Bulls Team Facts
- South Florida has won each of its last eight games against Connecticut.
- The underdog has covered the spread in eight of South Florida's last nine games.
- South Florida has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against non-conference opponents.
- South Florida has lost the first half in each of its last three games against opponents from the FBS Independents.
- Nine of South Florida's last 10 October games as a road favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
UConn was able to get their first win of the season in their last game, and they will look to make it two in a row here. South Florida has lost two games in a row and they have allowed 56 points in each of those two games. South Florida is definitely the better offensive team in this matchup, but their defense has been torched this season. UConn did get a win in their last game, but they are only averaging 322 yards per game this year. I don’t think the UConn offense will be able to keep up here, so I am going with South Florida in this matchup.