UCLA vs Stanford Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Stanford Cardinal (2-4) vs UCLA Bruins (4-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 10:30 pm (Stanford Stadium)
Betting Odds: Stanford Cardinal +17 -- Over/Under: 53.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The UCLA Bruins and Stanford Cardinal face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at the Rose Bowl.
UCLA Looks to Bounce Back
UCLA comes into this game with a 4-2 record overall but they are coming off a loss in the last.game UCLA scored 24 points against Oregon State, but the defense gave up 36 points. One issue for UCLA was quarterback Dante Moore really struggled completing only 14 of his 33 passes for 165 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions. UCLA is averaging 29.5 points while their defense is giving up 16.2 points per game. The defense is ranked 14th and they are going to need to step up here.
UCLA Betting Trends
- UCLA has won each of its last five road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The favorite has covered the spread in each of UCLA's last five games.
- UCLA has lost the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Five of UCLA's last six October games as a road favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
How Does Stanford Build on Last Week?
Stanford only has two wins this season but they are coming off a big victory in the last game. Stanford scored 36 points in the second half against Colorado and that was enough to force overtime. In the second overtime they kicked a field goal and that was enough for the victory. Wide receiver Elic Ayomanor caught 13 passes for 294 yards and three touchdowns. Stanford averages only 23.7 points while their defense gives up 36 points per game. This can’t be a game where they fall behind early, or it will be a long game.
Stanford Betting Trends
- Stanford has lost each of its last nine games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- Stanford has failed to cover the spread in each of its last nine games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- Stanford has lost the first half in seven of its last nine home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Stanford's last four games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Stanford really shouldn’t have won last week, but Colorado let them back in the game. In this game, UCLA is going to get out to a fast start, and Stanford isn’t going to be keeping up. The UCLA defense is good, and Stanford is going to really struggle in this game. Look for UCLA to run up the score, and Stanford is going to have no answer here. This is going to be a blowout victory. Back UCLA against the spread.