Rutgers vs Indiana Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Indiana Hoosiers (2-4) vs Rutgers Scarlet Knights (5-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Indiana Hoosiers +3 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: BTN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights and Indiana Hoosiers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at The Rock.
Rutgers Look to Build on Big Comeback
Rutgers sits with a 5-2 record and they are coming off a victory in the last game. Rutgers struggled for the first three quarters against Michigan State, but they scored 21 points in the 4th quarter and that was enough to secure the 27-24 victory. Quarterback Gavin Wimsatt completed 13 of his 28 passes for 181 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. Rutgers on the season is averaging 27.7 points while their defense is giving up 16 points per game. In this game the defense is going to need to step up in a big way.
Rutgers Betting Trends
- Rutgers has lost each of its last seven road games against conference opponents.
- Rutgers has lost the first half in 13 of its last 14 road games against conference opponents.
- Thirteen of Rutgers' last 15 road games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Indiana Needs to Get the Offense Going
Indiana comes into this game with a 2-4 record and the offense has been a big issue all season. In the last game against Michigan, Indiana actually took a 7-0 lead, but they didn’t score the rest of the game and ended up losing 52-7. Indiana used two different quarterbacks and neither were that good. Tayven Jackson completed 7 of his 13 passes for 52 yards, zero touchdowns, and two interceptions. Indiana overall is averaging 18.5 points while their defense is giving up 29 points per game.
Indiana Betting Trends
- Indiana has lost 10 of its last 11 games against conference opponents.
- Indiana has failed to cover the spread in six of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Indiana has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Five of Indiana's last six games against non-AP-ranked teams at Memorial Stadium (Bloomington) have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to struggle to get 30 points. Indiana’s offense is a major issue and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going against this Rutgers defense. Wimsatt is going to continue his struggles with the turnovers and that is going to be the difference here as this game is going to stay under the total. Back the under to cash here.