Ole Miss vs Auburn Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Auburn Tigers (3-3) vs Ole Miss Rebels (5-1)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Jordan-Hare Stadium)
Betting Odds: Auburn Tigers +7 -- Over/Under: 56.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Auburn Tigers and the Ole Miss Rebels will meet in SEC play this weekend from Jordan-Hare Stadium on ESPN. Auburn and Ole Miss have met in every season since 1990, and while the Tigers hold a big series lead of, 35-11, the Rebels took last year’s meeting in Oxford, 48-34.
Ole Miss Rebels Preview
Ole Miss improved to 5-1 after defeating Arkansas in Oxford by a touchdown, 27-20. The Rebels scored the final ten points to remain undefeated at home, and they’ll look to win a third straight game this Saturday. The Ole Miss offense is scoring 41.7 ppg, while passing for 306.0 ypg, rushing for 183.3 ypg, and converting 38.5% of their third downs.
Ole Miss Player Notes
• Jaxson Dart had a slow game against Arkansas last time out, passing for a season-low 153 yards with a touchdown pass. The former USC quarterback has been very impressive this season, and he’ll look to avenge his last trip to Alabama which resulted to a loss to the Crimson Tide last month. Dart has totaled 1.638 passing yards, with 12 touchdowns to two interceptions, and 302 yards and four scores on the ground through five starts.
• Sophomore back Quinshon Judkins has scored in all five wins this season, and he leads the backfield with 443 rushing yards and six touchdowns.
• Senior wideout Jordan Watkins led the way with 86 yards in the win over the Hogs, and he leads the Rebels in receptions (36) and receiving yards (536).
• Slot man Dayton Wade has scored in back-to-back games, and he’s second on the team with 27 catches and 390 receiving yards.
• The Ole Miss defense has allowed 23.8 points per game.
Auburn Tigers Preview
Auburn enters at 3-3 after losing to LSU in Baton Rouge, 48-18. Auburn wasn’t able to keep up with LSU in last weekend’s Tiger Bowl, and they’ll face another high octane offense here in Ole Miss. The Auburn offense is scoring 23.1ppg, while passing for 155.8 ypg, rushing for 191.5 ypg, and converting 33.3% of their third downs.
Auburn Player Notes
• Payton Thorne didn’t perform well in Death Valley last weekend, only going 12/23 for 102 yards. The former Michigan State QB simply hasn’t been able to push the ball down the field this season, and it’s unlikely things change at this point in the season. Thorne has thrown for 745 yards with four touchdowns to four interceptions, and he’s rushed for 225 yards and a pair of scores thru six games.
• Junior back Jarquez Hunter has found the endzone in three of the last four games, and he leads the Tigers with 218 rushing yards.
• Sophomore wideout Jay Fair leads the Tigers in receptions (21) and receiving yards (232).
• The Auburn defense has allowed 18.2 points per game.
Ole Miss vs Auburn Trends
• Ole Miss is 4-2 against the spread, with a 3-3 O/U record.
• Auburn is 2-4 ATS, with a 2-4 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Ole Miss comes into Jordan-Hare with a noticeable advantage on the offensive end, and at this number, they have a good chance of coming through. Auburn really struggles to generate offense, and it’s unlikely they’ll be able to keep up with a Lane Kiffin-led attack. The Tigers may be able to keep things close throughout with their stingy defense, but let’s back the clear strengths of Ole Miss for this SEC matchup.