Oklahoma State vs West Virginia Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
West Virginia Mountaineers (4-2) vs Oklahoma State Cowboys (4-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium)
Betting Odds: West Virginia Mountaineers -3.5 -- Over/Under: 49.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oklahoma State Cowboys and West Virginia Mountaineers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Milan Puskar Stadium.
Oklahoma State Coming Off Two Huge Wins
Oklahoma State sits with a 4-2 record overall and they have had huge wins in back to back games. In the last game against Kansas the offense scored 39 points and they ended up winning by seven points. Alan Bowman had quite the game completing 28 of his 41 passes for 336 yards and two touchdowns. Oklahoma State averages 26 points while their defense gives up 24.7 points per game. The defense at times has been an issue, but in this game it’s going to comedown to how big of a game Bowman can have.
Oklahoma State Betting Trends
- Oklahoma State has won four of its last five matches as an underdog when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Oklahoma State has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games against West Virginia.
- Oklahoma State has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Milan Puskar Stadium.
- Nine of Oklahoma State's last 10 games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
West Virginia Has to Bounce Back
West Virginia comes into this game with a 4-2 record overall, but they are coming off a very disappointing loss. West Virginia scored 22 points in the 4th quarter against Houston in the last game, but it wasn’t enough as Houston threw a hail mary in the last second to secure the victory. Garrett Greene completed 20 of his 38 passes for 391 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. West Virginia is averaging 28.5 points while their defense is giving up 22.7 points per game. In this game, West Virginia needs to forget what happened last week, and try to get this game out to a fast start.
West Virginia Betting Trends
- West Virginia has won each of its last six games against non-AP-ranked teams at Milan Puskar Stadium.
- West Virginia has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- West Virginia has lost the first half in four of its last five home games against conference opponents.
- Five of West Virginia's last six home games in October have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Alan Bowman is playing with a lot of confidence and West Virginia has to be questioning some things after losing the last game. I am still not sold on West Virginia’s offense and they aren’t going to exactly run up the score here. Oklahoma State is going to get a big game from Bowman and the Cowboys are going to get the job done. Back Oklahoma State to cover the spread.