North Texas vs Tulane Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Tulane Green Wave (5-1) vs North Texas Mean Green (3-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Benson Field at Yulman Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tulane Green Wave -19.5 -- Over/Under: 61.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN2 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The North Texas Mean Green will head down to New Orleans to face the Tulane Green Wave in AAC play this weekend from Yulman Stadium on ESPN2.
North Texas Mean Green Preview
North Texas moved to 3-3 after defeating Temple in Denton, 45-14. The Mean Green put together their best effort on both sides of the ball against the Owls, and they’ll attempt to double down here in New Orleans. The UNT offense is scoring 35.7 ppg, while passing for 282.2 ypg, rushing for 195.3 ypg, and converting 41% of their third downs.
UNT Player Notes
• Chandler Rogers came through with a fine start against Temple, passing for 307 yards with four touchdown passes. The former ULM transfer has settled in well with North Texas after taking over in Week 3, and he’ll look to remain turnover free for the sixth straight game this weekend. Rogers has passed for 1,419 yards, with 12 touchdowns to one interception.
• Junior back Ayo Adeyi has reached the 125-yard mark in three of the last four games, and he leads UNT in rushing with 481 yards.
• Ja’Mori Maclin, cousin of former Mizzou & Eagles star Jeremy, has scored in all six contests, and after going for a season-high 163 yards and two scores in the win over Temple, he leads the team in receiving with 587 yards on 25 catches.
• Veteran wideout Roderick Burns also caught a touchdown pass in the win over the Owls, and he leads UNT in receptions (27) for 275 receiving yards.
• The UNT defense is allowing 35.0 points per game.
Tulane Green Wave Preview
Tulane improved to 5-1 after defeating Memphis on the road by ten, 31-21. The Green Wave pulled away with a strong fourth quarter to down the Tigers, and they’ll look to win their fifth straight game this weekend. The Tulane offense is scoring 30.0 ppg, while passing for 282.2 ypg, rushing for 156.5 ypg, and converting 42.3% of their third downs.
Tulane Player Notes
• Michael Pratt came through with his best start since returning, going 19/31 for 259 yards and a touchdown. The veteran quarterback has restored order at the position since returning late in September, and he’ll look to light up a vulnerable UNT defense this weekend at home. Pratt has passed for 927 yards with nine touchdowns to one interception through four games.
• Freshman back Mahki Hughes went for a season-high 130 yards in the win over Memphis, and he leads Tulane in rushing with 498 yards on 98 carries.
• Senior wideout Lawrence Keys has scored in three straight games, and he leads Tulane in receptions (22) and receiving yards (416).
• The Tulane defense has allowed 18.0 points per game.
North Texas vs Tulane Trends
• UNT is 3-3 against the spread, with a 4-2 O/U record.
• Tulane is 2-4 ATS, with a 2-4 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
As real Tulane may be, this feels like a big margin North Texas may be able to capitalize on. Like the Green Wave, the Mean Green have played better since a change at the quarterback position, and while they may not pull it off, the visitors could sneak up on the host here in New Orleans. The Over will be in play due to what North Texas has shown us defensively, but let’s spot them the three touchdowns for this AAC battle of Greens.