Nevada vs San Diego State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
San Diego State Aztecs (3-4) vs Nevada Wolf Pack (0-6)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 9:00 pm (Snapdragon Stadium)
Betting Odds: San Diego State Aztecs -13.5 -- Over/Under: 48 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Sports Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Nevada Wolfpack and San Diego State Aztecs face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Snapdragon Stadium.
Can Nevada Pick Up First Win?
Nevada sits with an 0-6 record overall and they are going to have to really work if they even want to win one game this season. Nevada’s last game came against UNLV and they scored 27 points, but the defense gave up 45 points and that led to the defeat. Brenden Lewis completed 16 of his 31 passes for 287 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. Nevada’s offense hasn’t been good all season and they are averaging only 17.3 points while their defense is giving up 39.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 127th while the defense is ranked 132nd overall.
Nevada Betting Trends
- Nevada has lost each of its last 14 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Nevada has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Nevada has lost the first half in each of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Five of Nevada's last six October games as an underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
San Diego State Had Long Trip Back from Hawaii
San Diego State won their last game against Hawaii but they still had to endure the long flight home and that has shortened their week a bit. San Diego State scored 41 points against Hawaii and that was enough for the victory. Jalen Mayden completed 18 of his 24 passes for 221 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. San Diego State overall this season is averaging 22.4 points while their defense is giving up 31.3 points per game. In this game it’s going to be about the defense stepping up.
San Diego State Betting Trends
- San Diego State has won each of its last 11 October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- San Diego State has covered the spread in each of its last three October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Eleven of San Diego State's last 12 October games as a home favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
It might not be a very popular pick but I believe Nevada is going to keep this game close. I am not sold on this San Diego State offense, and Nevada defense is going to have one of their best games of the day. It’s not about Nevada running up the score here, it’s about the lack of scoring by San DIego State that is going to keep this game close. Back Nevada to keep it within ten and cover the spread.