Louisiana-Monroe vs Georgia Southern Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Georgia Southern Eagles (4-2) vs Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (2-4)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 2:00 pm (Allen E. Paulson Stadium)
Betting Odds: Georgia Southern Eagles -17 -- Over/Under: 59.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Louisiana Monroe Warhawks and Georgia Southern Eagles face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Paulson Stadium.
Georgia Southern Looks to Bounce Back
Georgia Southern sits with a 4-2 record overall but they are coming off a disappointing loss in the last game. Georgia Southern only scored 13 points against James Madison while the defense gave up 41 points and that led to the defeat. Georgia Southern was led by Davis Brin and he completed 31 of his 52 passes for 271 yards and two interceptions. The turnovers were an issue and that needs to be improved upon here. Georgia Southern is averaging 31.3 points while their defense is giving up 23.6 points per game.
Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Georgia Southern has won each of its last 11 October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia Southern has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games as a favorite.
- Each of Georgia Southern's last four games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Louisiana-Monroe Works for Third Win
Louisiana-Monroe comes into this game with a 2-4 record overall but they couldn’t pull off a victory in the last game. They were outscored 12-10 in the 4th quarter and that led to the defeat. Louisiana-Monroe’s offense has been an issue all season and they are currently averaging only 18.5 points per game. The defense hasn’t been great but if they want to find success in this game they are goingto need to find a way to get the offense going.
Louisiana-Monroe Betting Trends
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost each of its last nine road games in October.
- Louisiana-Monroe has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last nine October games as a road underdog.
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost the first half in 13 of its last 15 games against conference opponents.
- Five of Louisiana-Monroe's last six October games as a road underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to comedown to the offense, and the better offensive team is Georgia Southern. Louisiana-Monroe is averaging only 18.5 points per game and they are going to struggle to get the offense going here. Georgia Southern is going to go over their season average of 31.3 points per game and that is going to be the difference as Georgia Southern gets the job done.