Eastern Michigan vs NIU Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
NIU Huskies (3-4) vs Eastern Michigan Eagles (4-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium)
Betting Odds: NIU Huskies -12 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Eastern Michigan Eagles and Northern Illinois Huskies face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Huskie Stadium.
If Eagles Defense is Good, They Will Win
The Eagles come into this game with a 4-3 record overall and the last two games the defense has been good. In the last game against Kent State, the defense gave up only 14 points and they ended up winning by 14 points. Even though they won, quarterback Austin Smith wasn’t great. He completed 9 of his 25 passes for 118 yards and a touchdown. Eastern Michigan is averaging 19 points while their defense is giving up 19.4 points per game.
Eastern Michigan Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Eastern Michigan's last seven games.
- Eastern Michigan has covered the spread in nine of its last 10 games as an underdog.
- Four of Eastern Michigan's last five games at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Northern Illinois has Won Two In a Row
Northern Illinois comes into this game with a 3-4 record overall but they have won two games in a row. In the last game against the Ohio Bobcats, the defense gave up only 13 points and that led to the 10 point victory. Rocky Lombardi completed 15 of his 23 passes for 172 yards and a touchdown. Gavin Williams had 10 carries for 55 yards and a touchdown. Northern Illinois is averaging 24.9 points while their defense is giving up 22.4 points per game.
Northern Illinois Betting Trends
- The underdog has won each of Northern Illinois' last six games at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Northern Illinois' last six games at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium.
- Northern Illinois has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium.
- Northern Illinois has lost the first half in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Five of Northern Illinois' last six October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be lower scoring. I don’t trust this Eastern Michigan offense, but I do trust their defense and they are going to step up in a big way here. Look for Eastern Michigan to score 17 points or less, and Northern Illinois will also finish right around that number. This total is too high, and the under is going to cash.