Coastal Carolina vs Arkansas State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-3) vs Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (3-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Centennial Bank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arkansas State Red Wolves +10 -- Over/Under: 59.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers and Arkansas State Red Wolves face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Centennial Bank Stadium.
Coastal Carolina Suprised Many Last Game
Coastal Carolina sits with a 3-3 record overall and not many gave them much of a shot in their last game against Appalachian State. At the end of the first quarter they were up 14-0 and they were able to hold on late to win 27-24. Grayson McCall completed 19 of his 28 passes for 373 yards and two touchdowns. Coastal Carolina is averaging 30.2 points while their defense is giving up 23.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 55th while the pitching is ranked 57th in the league.
Coastal Carolina Betting Trends
- Coastal Carolina has won 11 of its last 13 games in October.
- Coastal Carolina has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five matches when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Coastal Carolina has lost the first half in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Coastal Carolina has won the first quarter in nine of its last 12 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Coastal Carolina's last six October road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
How Does Arkansas State Bounce Back?
Arkansas State’s offense was good heading into the last game, but they really struggled in the last game. Arkansas State scored only three points against Troy and that led to the blowout defeat. Two games ago against UMass, Arkansas State scored 52 points and that led to the blowout victory. Arkansas State on the season is averaging 22.2 points while their defense is giving up 36.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 107th in the league and they need to find a way to get the offense going here.
Arkansas State Betting Trends
- Arkansas State has lost each of its last 11 October games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Arkansas State has failed to cover the spread in 10 of its last 12 October games as an underdog.
- Four of Arkansas State's last five games against conference opponents at Centennial Bank Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
The way Arkansas State’s offense performed in the last game wasn’t great and they are going to struggle again here. Coastal Carolina is averaging 30.2 points per game and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. Arkansas State’s offense is going to struggle to keep up and this will be another victory by the Chanticleers. Back Coastal Carolina against the spread.