Clemson vs Miami Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Miami-FL Hurricanes (4-2) vs Clemson Tigers (4-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Hard Rock Stadium)
Betting Odds: Miami-FL Hurricanes +10 -- Over/Under: 52.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACCN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Clemson Tigers will head down to South Beach to meet the Miami Hurricanes in ACC play this weekend from Hard Rock Stadium on the ACC Network. Clemson took the head-to-head series lead (7-6), after winning last year’s meeting at home, 40-10.
Clemson Tigers Preview
Clemson comes in at 4-2 after defeating Wake Forest at home, 17-12. The Tigers escaped with an uninspiring win in Death Valley over Wake, and they’ll now look to pin a third straight victory here in Miami. The Clemson offense is scoring 32.2 ppg, while passing for 310.8 ypg, rushing for 191.0 ypg, and converting 46% of their third downs.
Clemson Player Notes
• Cade Klubnik wasn’t very effective versus Wake last time out, only going 18/28 for 131 yards, but he did manage to find the endzone with his legs. The sophomore QB hasn’t been able to push the needle for Clemson since being thrusted into the lineup as a freshman, and he’ll face a stiff test here with an angry Miami team on the road. Klubnik has passed for 1,370 yards, with eleven touchdowns to two interceptions thru six starts.
• Wilmington native Will Shipley has scored in three straight games, and he leads Clemson in rushing with 450 yards on 91 carries.
• Junior wideout Beaux Collins leads the team in receptions (24) and receiving yards (339).
• The Clemson defense is allowing 19.3 points per game.
Miami (FL) Hurricanes Preview
Miami dropped to 4-2 after losing to North Carolina in Chapel Hill by ten, 41-31. The Hurricanes weren’t able to hold off Drake Maye and the Heels in the fourth, and they’ll look to avoid a third straight loss this weekend. The Miami offense is scoring 37.7 ppg, while passing for 310.8 ypg, rushing for 188.2 ypg, and converting 46% of their third downs.
Miami Player Notes
• Tyler Van Dyke did all he could against UNC, passing for a season-high 391 yards, with four touchdowns to two costly INTs. The junior quarterback may still be having nightmares of the awkward loss to Georgia Tech, and he’ll need to deliver another strong effort here with Clemson coming to town. Van Dyke has passed for 1,721 yards, with 16 touchdowns to six interceptions thru six starts.
• Junior back Henry Larrish Jr. leads the U in rushing yards (452), after surpassing the 50-yard mark in all six games this season.
• Third-year wideout Xavier Restrepo had another big game versus UNC with eleven catches and two scores, and he’s first on the team in receptions (47) and receiving yards (574).
• The Miami defense has allowed 19.0 points per game.
Clemson vs Miami (FL) Trends
• Clemson is 3-3 against the spread, with a 3-3 O/U record.
• Miami is 4-2 ATS, with a 2-4 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Alright, so Miami enters a spot that can ultimately influence how the rest of their campaign goes, and after what they endured on their road trip, they need a strong effort here at Hard Rock. Clemson’s underwhelming play has mirrored what happened at the U during their fall from prominence, and this will be a contest the host can take if they can just execute and avoid the turnover bug. Back a bounce back from Miami in this ACC matchup.