Central Michigan vs Ball State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Ball State Cardinals (1-6) vs Central Michigan Chippewas (4-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Scheumann Stadium)
Betting Odds: Ball State Cardinals +4.5 -- Over/Under: 40.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Central Michigan Chippewas and Ball State Cardinals face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Scheumann Stadium.
Ball State Needs to Get Offense Going
Ball State comes into this game with a 1-6 record overall and the offense has been a major issue heading into this game. In the last game against Toledo, Ball State only scored six points and that led to the seven point defeat. Under center for Ball State was Kiael Kelly and he completed only 4 of his 16 passes for 38 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. He did rush 18 times for 98 yards. Ball State is averaging 15 points while their defense is giving up 30.7 points per game. If the offense struggles here, it’s going to be a long game.
Ball State Betting Trends
- Ball State has lost each of its last nine games as an underdog.
- The road team has covered the spread in 10 of the last 11 games between Central Michigan and Ball State.
- Ball State has lost the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Scheumann Stadium.
- Each of Ball State's last five October games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Central Michigan Needs Strong Defense
Central Michigan sits with a 4-3 record overall and they are coming off another victory in the last game. The defense only gave up 10 points to the Akron Zips and they ended up winning by seven points. Under center for Central Michigan is Jase Bauer and he completed 17 of his 32 passes for 181 yards, zero touchdowns, and two interceptions. Central Michigan is averaging 22.7 points while their defense is giving up 30.6 points per game.
Central Michigan Betting Trends
- Central Michigan has lost four of its last six October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Central Michigan has failed to cover the spread in each of its last eight October games as a favorite.
- Each of Central Michigan's last five October road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is not going to have a lot of scoring from either teams. Ball State’s offense has been awful heading into this game and they are going to really struggle again in this game. I really don’t trust the Central Michigan offense either and that is going to be the difference as this game is going to end up being lower scoring. This game is going to stay under 25 points and the under is going to cash here.