Boston College vs Georgia Tech Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-3) vs Boston College Eagles (3-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field)
Betting Odds: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets -4.5 -- Over/Under: 58 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Boston College Eagles and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Boston College Looks to Move Above .500
Boston College Sits with a 3-3 record and they are coming off another victory in the last game. Boston College didn’t look exactly elite against Army, but they scored 27 points and that was enough to win by three points. Thomas Castellanos wasn’t great through the air, but he finished with 31 carries for 142 yards and four touchdowns. Boston College is averaging 27.7 points while their defense is giving up 31.7 points per game. In this game the defense needs to step up here.
Boston College Betting Trends
- Boston College has won nine of its last 12 October games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Boston College has covered the spread in 10 of its last 12 October games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Boston College has lost the first half in each of its last five road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Boston College's last seven games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia Tech Coming Off Bye Week
Georgia Tech sits with a 3-3 record overall and they lucky to win the last game. All Miami had to do was kneel in the last game and they would have won, but they decided not to kneel and it’s all Georgia Tech needed to win the game. Quarterback Haynes King completed 12 of his 25 passes for 151 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. Georgia Tech is averaging 30.8 points while their defense is giving up 29 points per game. On the season King has thrown for 1,631 yards, 16 touchdowns, and six interceptions.
Georgia Tech Betting Trends
- Georgia Tech has lost each of its last three October games as a home favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia Tech has failed to cover the spread in each of its last seven games as a favorite.
- Georgia Tech has lost the first half in 24 of its last 32 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Georgia Tech's last four October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
There are better games to bet on the board on Saturday and if you are going to bet this one I would bet it light. Castellanos has been dynamic on the ground and I expect him to have a big game with his legs. This Georgia Tech offense isn’t exactly one to run away from teams and Boston College is going to find enough offensive success to keep this game close. Back Boston College against the spread.