James Madison vs Marshall Prediction - College Football Picks 10/19/23
Marshall Thundering Herd (4-2) vs James Madison Dukes (6-0)
Game Info: Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Joan C. Edwards Stadium)
Betting Odds: Marshall Thundering Herd +3.5 -- Over/Under: 50 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The James Madison Dukes and Marshall Thundering Herd face off on Thursday in a college football showdown at Joan C. Edwards Stadium.
James Madison Looks to Continue Perfect Start
James Madison comes into this game with a 6-0 record overall and they are coming off another big victory in the last game. James Madison faced off against Georgia Southern, and they scored 41 points on the way to the blowout victory. Under center for James Madison was Jordan McCloud and he completed 20 of his 31 passes for 259 yards and three touchdowns. Elijah Sarratt caught five passes for 105 yards and a touchdown. James Madison is averaging 34.5 points while their defense is giving up 21 points per game. They have done a good job of getting out to fast starts and are 8th in college football in terms of points scored in the 1st quarter.
James Madison Betting Trends
- James Madison has won each of its last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- James Madison has covered the spread in each of its last four games against conference opponents.
- James Madison has won the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents.
- James Madison has won the first quarter in each of its last three road games against conference opponents.
- Three of James Madison's last four games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
How Does Marshall Bounce Back?
After winning their first four games of the season, Marshall has lost two games in a row. Two games ago against NC State they lost, and in the last game against Georgia State, they were defeated 41-24. Marshall’s defense really struggled, especially in the 4th quarter and that led to the defeat. Cam Francher completed 27 of his 34 passes for 301 yards and a touchdown. Marshall overall is averaging 30.3 points while their defense is giving up 28.5 points per game. The offense overall is ranked 55th, but in this game it’s going to come down to the defense and if they can step up.
Marshall Betting Trends
- Marshall has won each of its last five games at Joan C. Edwards Stadium.
- The underdog has covered the spread in seven of Marshall's last eight games at Joan C. Edwards Stadium.
- Each of Marshall's last six home games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Marshall defense is a big problem and it’s going to really let them down in this game. James Madison is averaging 34.5 points per game and in the last game they put up 41 points. In this game, James Madison is going to have no issue running up the score and Marshall isn’t going to be keeping up. James Madison is going to get close to 45 points here and they will cover the spread here.