New Mexico State vs UTEP Prediction - College Football Picks 10/18/23
UTEP Miners (2-5) vs New Mexico State Aggies (4-3)
Game Info: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 9:00 pm (Sun Bowl)
Betting Odds: UTEP Miners +3 -- Over/Under: 49 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The New Mexico State Aggies and UTEP Miners face off on Wednesday in a college football showdown at the Sun Bowl.
UTEP Look for Another Big Win
UTEP only have two wins on the season, but they are coming off a big victory in the last game. UTEP gave up only 14 points in the last game to FIU and that was enough for the 13 point victory. Cade McConnell completed 11 of his 17 passes for 262 yards and two touchdowns. Kelly Akharaiyi also caught eight passes for 223 yards and two touchdowns. Overall this season, UTEP is averaging 17.7 points while their defense is giving up 26.1 points per game. The offense overall is ranked 127th and that will need to be something that is improved upon.
UTEP Betting Trends
- UTEP has lost four of its last five games.
- UTEP has covered the spread in six of its last seven October games as an underdog.
- Ten of UTEP's last 11 October games as a home underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
New Mexico State Looks for Fifth Win
New Mexico State has played well this season and they are coming off another big victory in the last game. In the last game against Sam Houston State, New Mexico State gave up only 13 points and that was enough for the 14 point victory. Diego Pavia had a strong game completing 20 of his 36 passes for 286 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed 15 times for 115 yards and a touchdown. New Mexico State is averaging 30 points while their defense is giving up 23.1 points per game.
New Mexico State Betting Trends
- New Mexico State has lost 17 of its last 19 October road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- New Mexico State has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games in October.
- Five of New Mexico State's last six games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
New Mexico State sure looked impressive in the last game and they are going to find that same success in this game. This UTEP offense has had issues scoring all season and it’s going to be no different in this game. New Mexico State will get another strong game from Pavia and that will be enough for them to get the job done. Back New Mexico State to win this game and cover the spread.