Southern Miss vs South Alabama Prediction - College Football Picks 10/17/23
South Alabama Jaguars (3-3) vs Southern Miss Golden Eagles (1-5)
Game Info: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Hancock Whitney Stadium)
Betting Odds: South Alabama Jaguars -17 -- Over/Under: 53.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Southern Miss Golden Eagles and South Alabama Jaguars face off on Tuesday in a college football showdown at Hancock Whitney Stadium.
Southern Miss Looks to Turn It Around
Southern Miss comes into this game with a 1-5 record overall and they really struggled again in the last game. Southernmiss scored only 13 points against Old Dominion and that led to the four point loss. At the end of the first quarter they were up 10-0, but they couldn’t bounce back on the way to the loss. Frank Gore was the top rusher finishing with 29 carries for 66 yards. Southern Miss is averaging 23.7 points while their defense is giving up 35.3 points per game. The defense is ranked 122nd overall and the defense is going to need to step up in a big way here.
Southern Miss Betting Trends
- Southern Miss has lost each of its last four games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Southern Miss has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight October games as an underdog.
- Nine of Southern Miss' last 10 games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
South Alabama Offense Looks to Keep Rolling
South Alabama sits with a 3-3 record and they are coming off with a big victory in their last game. South Alabama scored 55 points against Louisiana-Monroe and that was enough to secure the victory. Carter Bradley sure looked impressive completing 20 of his 29 passes for 303 yards and three touchdowns. La’Damian Webb finished with 19 carries for 100 yards and a touchdown. South Alabama is averaging 32.2 points while their defense is giving up 22.7 points per game.
South Alabama Betting Trends
- South Alabama has won five of its last six games in October.
- South Alabama has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six games at Hancock Whitney Stadium.
- South Alabama has lost the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Hancock Whitney Stadium.
- Each of South Alabama's last three games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Southern Miss hopes to turn it around here, but they aren’t going to get it done here. South Alabama is an elite offensive team and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. This Southern Miss offense isn’t very good and they are going to really struggle to get any type of offense going here. This is a game that is going to be a game that gets out of hand early. Back South Alabama against the spread.