USC vs Notre Dame Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (5-2) vs USC Trojans (6-0)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Notre Dame Stadium)
Betting Odds: Notre Dame Fighting Irish -2.5 -- Over/Under: 60 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The USC Trojans and Notre Dame Fighting Irish face off in one of the marquee college football games of the weekend at Notre Dame Stadium.
USC Needs to Play Better Than Last Weekend
USC has a perfect record, but they really didn’t look good in the last game against Arizona. It took triple overtime for them to finally win 43-41. If they play like that in this game, they will pick up their first loss of the season. Caleb Williams completed 14 of his 25 passes for 219 yards and a touchdown. The stats looked fine, but they aren’t anywhere near good enough. USC is averaging 51.8 points while their defense is giving up 27 points per game. Williams on the season has thrown for 1,822 yards, 22 touchdowns, and one interception.
USC Betting Trends
- USC has lost each of its last six October road games against AP-ranked teams.
- USC has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five games against non-conference opponents at Notre Dame Stadium.
- USC has lost the first half in four of its last five games against opponents from the FBS Independents at Notre Dame Stadium.
- Each of USC's last six games against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Notre Dame Has Chance to Make a Statement
Notre Dame is coming off a bad loss but if they were to win this game that would make quite the statement. In the last game against Louisville, the offense only scored 20 points and that is going to need to change here. Sam Hartman completed 22 of his 38 passes for 254 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions. He can’t have the turnover issues in this game. Notre Dame on the season is averaging 34.1 points while their defense is giving up 15.9 points per game. Notre Dame on the season is averaging 34.1 points while their defense is giving up 15.9 points per game.
Notre Dame Betting Trends
- Notre Dame has won 52 of its last 55 games as a favorite.
- The home team has covered the spread in eight of the last nine games between USC and Notre Dame.
- Each of Notre Dame's last three games as a favorite against USC have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
USC is going to play better here and they are going to put on quite the show. USC on the season is averaging 51.8 points and they are going to have no issue running up the score again in this game. Hartman had interception issues in the last game and he’s going to have those same issues again in this game. USC is going to go over 40 points here and that will be enough to cover the spread here.