UCLA vs Oregon State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Oregon State Beavers (5-1) vs UCLA Bruins (4-1)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Reser Stadium)
Betting Odds: Oregon State Beavers -3.5 -- Over/Under: 54.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UCLA Bruins and Oregon State Beavers face off on Saturday in a Pac-12 college football showdown at Reser Stadium.
UCLA Looks for Fifth Win
UCLA comes into this game with a 4-1 record overall and their defense sure stepped up in the last game. UCLA only gave up 17 points to the Washington State Cougars and that was enough to win by eight points. Dante Moore had a strong game completing 22 of his 44 passes for 290 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. UCLA on the season is averaging 30.6 points while their defense is giving up 12.2 points per game.
UCLA Betting Trends
- UCLA has lost eight of its last nine road games against AP-ranked teams.
- UCLA has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- UCLA has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Seven of UCLA's last eight October games against top-15 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Oregon State Looks for Real
Oregon State looks for real and heading into this game they sit with a 5-1 record. In the last game against Cal the defense was awful giving up 40 points but the good news was the offense was better giving up 52 points. DJ Uiagalelei had quite the game completing 19 of his 25 passes for 275 yards and five touchdowns. Oregon State on the season is averaging 38.5 points while their defense is giving up 19.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 14th in the league while defense is ranked 35th. In this game, the defense is going to need to step up and make life tough on UCLA’s offense.
Oregon State Betting Trends
- Oregon State has won each of its last seven games at Reser Stadium.
- Oregon State has covered the spread in each of its last 10 games against conference opponents at Reser Stadium.
- Oregon State has won the first quarter in seven of its last eight home games against conference opponents.
- Oregon State has won the first half in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents at Reser Stadium.
- Five of Oregon State's last six October games as a home favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
UCLA is going to keep this game close. Oregon State is no doubt good, but UCLA might actually be the better defensive team and they are going to step up in this game. Oregon State is coming off a game where they found a ton of offense, but UCLA’s defense is going to step up here. This is going to be a low scoring game and that helps UCLA’s chances in this game. Back UCLA against the spread.