Texas A&M vs Tennessee Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Tennessee Volunteers (4-1) vs Texas A&M Aggies (4-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Neyland Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tennessee Volunteers -3.5 -- Over/Under: 57.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Texas A&M Aggies and Tennessee Volunteers face off on Saturday in an SEC college football showdown at Neyland Stadium.
Can Texas A&M Bounce Back?
Texas A&M were competitive in the last game against Alabama but it wasn’t enough and they ended up losing 26-20. Texas A&M scored only three points in the second half and that wasn’t enough. Max Johnson completed 14 of his 25 passes for 239 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Overall this season Texas A&M is averaging 35.5 points while their defense is giving up 19.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 25th in the league while the defense is ranked 36th.
Texas A&M Betting Trends
- Texas A&M has lost each of its last six October road games against AP-ranked teams.
- The favorite has covered the spread in five of Texas A&M's last six games.
- Texas A&M has won the first half in six of its last seven games against conference opponents.
- Six of Texas A&M's last seven games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Big Test for Tennessee
Tennessee comes into this game with a 4-1 record overall and they looked good in the last game against South Carolina. Tennessee scored 41 points and the defense gave up only 20 on the way to the comfortable victory. Even though Tennessee won the last game, Joe Milton had another up and down game. He completed 21 of his 32 passes for 239 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. Jaylen Wright rushed for 123 yards and a touchdown. Tennesse is averaging 36.2 points while their defense is giving up 17.8 points per game. In this game, Milton is going to need to be good.
Tennessee Betting Trends
- Tennessee has won each of its last 11 games against non-AP-ranked teams at Neyland Stadium.
- Tennessee has covered the spread in each of its last four October games as a favorite.
- Tennessee has won the first quarter in six of its last seven games against conference opponents at Neyland Stadium.
- Tennessee has won the first half in each of its last six games against conference opponents at Neyland Stadium.
- Six of Tennessee's last seven games against conference opponents at Neyland Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Texas A&M is going to find success in this game. I am still not sold on Milton and he’s going to struggle again in this game. Texas A&M is averaging 35.5 points and their defense has been even more impressive. Tennessee is going to struggle against the Texas A&M defense and that is going be the difference here. You aren’t going to need the points here with Texas A&M. Back Texas A&M on the money line.