San Diego State vs Hawaii Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (2-4) vs San Diego State Aztecs (2-4)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 11:00 pm (Clarence T.C. Ching Complex)
Betting Odds: Hawaii Rainbow Warriors +6 -- Over/Under: 53.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The San Diego State Aztecs and Hawaii Rainbow Warriors face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex.
Down Season for San Diego State
It’s a very down season for San Diego State and coming into this game they sit with a 2-4 record. In the last game against Air Force, they really struggled all over the field. Jaylen Mayden hasn’t been dynamic through the air and he finished with only 122 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in the last game. San Diego State is averaging 19.3 points while their defense is giving up 30.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 118th while the defense is ranked 115th.
San Diego State Betting Trends
- San Diego State has won each of its last 10 October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- San Diego State has covered the spread in four of its last five road games.
- San Diego State has won the first half in 19 of its last 25 games against conference opponents.
- Seven of San Diego State's last eight October games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Hawaii’s Defense Struggled Last Week
Hawaii currently sits with a 2-4 record overall and they are coming off another loss in the last game. Hawaii’s defense gave up 44 points and that led to the 24 point defeat. Brayden Schager completed 22 of his 35 passes for 313 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Hawaii on the season is averaging 22.2 points while their defense is giving up 34.6 points per game. In this game the defense is going to need to be good. They can’t allow a bad San Diego State offense to run up the score here.
Hawaii Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Hawaii's last seven games.
- Hawaii has covered the spread in each of its last five home games against conference opponents.
- Hawaii has won the first quarter in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex.
- Each of the last four games between San Diego State and Hawaii have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
I am not sure I trust San Diego State laying this many points against many teams. San Diego State’s offense isn’t very good, and even against a bad defense I think they are going to really struggle to move the ball here. Look for Hawaii to get a solid game from Brayden Schager and that is going to be enough for them to keep this game close. They might even win this game outright. Back Hawaii getting the points.